Home / Scholarship   % width NEW!

Someday I will achieve my wish; SOP - Scholarship

Tsuri 1 / -  
Hi, here's my scholarship statement of purpose, I want to know how's the over all idea of the statement , is it strong enough ? Will it effect the committee ? And do I need to add another paragraph or edit anything or shall I start finishing ??? and also please check if there are any grammar mistakes.

I'm so concerned and I want to make sure I'm doing everything right :$ Thank you

Two years ago I graduated from high school. I was full of excitement and ambition to start my university studies, and since it will be my first year of education in my home country (Sudan), I was even more excited. My desire was to study medicine, so I studied hard and got good results which qualified me to enter medical school in Sudan. I gained admission but unfortunately I couldn't start studying there immediately, due to circumstances beyond my control.

One year later I applied to the local university - University of Tabuk - KSA. I started studying the preparatory year when my main goal was to achieve my ambition. In this year we studied the following subjects: Biology, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English and Computer Science, all in English. I finished with a score of 4.91 out of 5.00. It was an excellent score which qualified me to apply for any of the university's respected majors including the medical majors, but due to the strict controls on foreign students at the university, I wasn't able to choose any of those majors.

I still hope and believe that someday I'll achieve my "wish". I believe that during the aforementioned period I gained a lot of knowledge and experience. Taking the preparatory year added a lot to my experience and now I know what college life is like. In addition to what I learned in this year, since the subjects were in English, my English level improved greatly. As evidence of this, I scored 100/100 in Level 2 of the English course. I think now I'm more prepared than ever to start my undergraduate study, and I hope this scholarship will give me that opportunity. The scholarship will also give me the chance to experience a totally different environment, where communication will be in English. That will improve my English speaking skills a lot.

Home / Scholarship / Someday I will achieve my wish; SOP - Scholarship