"We need someone strong" - Qualities of A Leader [scholarship]

Desilean 6 / 12  
Can anyone tell me their feelings towards this essay? Is it boring..? Can you feel my feelings in this essay..?
What are the most important qualities a leader must have in today's society? And why?

Essay:
When I walk down the hallways of my school, I always see pregnant teenage girls, boys with their pants hung low, teachers smoking behind the school where they won't get caught; things that are highly wrong. It hurts me, most of the times, when I see these terrible things. These people have no role model to help guide them through their lives. They need someone to be able to let them know that what they are doing is not right. They need someone to tell them that they need to change their lifestyles. They need someone to be of assistance when the going gets tough. They need someone to lead them.

A leader doesn't just lead; they guide. They shine their light down on others in order for people to follow. They lead the way to brighter futures and better tomorrows. However, as I stated before, leaders do not just lead. They assist people in need in order for them to turn their lives around. They do not just expect people who come from lower standards to automatically rise in victory. They take slow steps and allow people to adapt to the changes and be able to make their decisions for themselves. They give support until they see that it is no longer needed. Even though majority of the times people don't want the help, leaders should fight until they're able to get through that tough exterior of those people.

A leader also tells things the way it is in the best way possible. They don't "sugar-coat" things to help mend wounds from previous statements made towards others. Nowadays, seeing pregnant teenage girls is the norm. People walk right past these girls as if it were right for them to be pregnant. Leaders today should march right up to these girls and let them know that they shouldn't have been doing the bad things they were doing to land them in that predicament. Leaders should also try to help them because these females don't have the proper training to become a mother so young.

Today, we need someone strong. Someone who wouldn't be afraid to fight for what's right. Everyone is the same. Leaders shine in the darkness of the night. Leaders should also stand out in a crowd of wrongdoers. We're looking for someone we could lean on for advice. We're in tough times as it is. Knowing that someone is out there, willing to put their life on the line for us to blossom into the lovely roses we're meant to become, is more than enough to change the world. This is what true qualities of a leader should look like.
Kimishme 2 / 5  
Desilean

...teachers smoking behind the school where they won'twill not get caught...

A leader doesn'tdoes not just lead; they guide.

Even though majority of the times people don'tdo not want the help, leaders should fight until they'rethey are able to get through that tough exterior of those people.

shouldn'tshould not
don'tdo not
what'swhat is
we'rewe are

No contractions! :]

I would also change this line:

...It hurts me, most of the times, when I see these terrible things...
hannahkim91 4 / 10  
yes, remember not to use contractions in your essay, but other then that its a very well written essay.
OP Desilean 6 / 12  
thank you.

Home / Scholarship / "We need someone strong" - Qualities of A Leader [scholarship]