Something that people don't necessarily know about me, but that I think they should?

akash54321 2 / 3  

my secrets?

I hate the fundamental approach of learning - conventional grading and theoretical assessment. India is a country that is governed by marks and grades. By convention, students getting the top percentile tend to get praised by the society and their talents are accordingly judged and get better placements consequently, which I completely believe that it's totally baseless and false.

I believe that marks and grades do play an important role but they are not what determines the potential of a person. I find it more productive to open my thoughts and ideas to the vast ocean's meditative lull than cramming my school textbooks. I believe in conceptual learning by doing. I love practical classes which are very limited in my country. I often wait for my practical classes and assessments with much curiosity. The parallel pathfinding algorithm underlying my project came to me not in a laboratory or classroom, but as I observed scientific elements of medical science.

My different perspective and way of thinking makes me stand out of others. I strongly oppose rote learning. Visualization of concepts has helped me a lot indeed. I hope that students get judged and given appropriate opportunities through their practical understanding and application of what they've learnt rather than just marks. Moreover, being too studious often involves too many hours with your books, so much that you are not left with any hobby or time to develop any social skills. I definitely will not compromise on these. My hobbies and social skills play an important part in shaping me.
Akash, do me a favor and post the complete common app prompt that you are responding to in this essay. It seems to me that you are responding to the "unnoticed" prompt. Am I right? Please confirm the essay topic for me because I am getting the impression that you are not responding to the prompt in the best manner possible. The presentation you are showing right now is a strong personal opinion. Which is good, but does not accurately apply to "something people don't know" about you. I do not see why this discussion should be important that other people should know about you because this is a point of view that only affects you and your learning style. Not everyone will have a problem with the traditional way of promoting students based upon traditional teaching methods. I believe that we can better refocus the content of your paper once I am assured of the prompt requirement you are trying to address. I am looking forward to reading the prompt instructions, the complete instructions, so that I can further assist you with the development of your response.

Home / Scholarship / Something that people don't necessarily know about me, but that I think they should?