SOP for Exchange Program to Chungnam National University

EarthJupiterian 1 / -  
Word Limit 500 words

I have always been very interested in Korea

With great enthusiasm and interest, I am writing in applying for the student exchange program in this fall semester. I resolutely believe that the attractive opportunity offered by Chungnam National University can truly help me both in enhancing my academic study and expanding my horizon.

I made up my mind to further my study abroad when I was chosen to be a school representative for a twinning programme to one of the Junior college in Singapore during my sixth form year. Through that, I was able to learn a different way of learning and adapting to culture that is different from my own. Not only was I able to learn new things but I was also able to meet friends and expand my social skills not only within my own country but also outside.

For many years, this thought was never shaken. One of the greatest opportunities a student can be offered is the chance to study overseas before graduating university. Studying abroad will give me the chance to continue my education while soaking in the culture, customs, and education practices of a society that is different from the one I grew up in, Brunei. At present, as a second-year student in University of Brunei Darussalam, I believe that it is a suitable time for me to experience the diverse world. This program will not only help expose me to different aspects of learning, but also in enhancing variety of skills in me.

A few reasons why I would like to apply for an exchange program to Chungnam National University is because I have always been very interested in Korea especially the language and its culture. Due to the great interest that have grown in me since secondary school, I have taken Korean Language Module for four semesters since I was a first-year in my home University.
Nisa_sultan 2 / 2  
Hello @ EarthJupiterian I interseted to suggest you some comments on your essay and I hope will help you. On your essay you wrote "can truly help me both in enhancing my academic", you should wrote "can be truly help me both in enhancing my academic". And also I did not find strong reason why should be accepted for this program, I suggest you to add impact for other if you accept as participant on this program.

Keep fighting..!!
Eyahj, if you wish to create a proper statement of purpose, then find a more personal and academic reason for your interest in spending a semester abroad. Establish the reason why you have an interest in your field of study at the very beginning then end the first paragraph with an introduction to the reason why you believe that you need to have this semester abroad. Usually, this is best illustrated by your current academic experience and what you hope to learn from the Korean university in an effort to gain a well rounded educational experience.

The second paragraph, should indicate how this reason serves as a purpose for your application. Perhaps it has something to do with the internship program of the university that you can participate in for a semester, or the academic immersion that the university provides. It could be any number of reasons that serve to increase you academic training. The essay does not work because there is no clear purpose in it.

The rest of your essay doesn't work because of its irrelevance to a SOP discussion. Speaking of your experience in various academic activities and your interest in Korea should not be done in this essay. Those are presented in the personal statement. In this case, you should be able to explain how you will become a better student and future professional due to the semester abroad. Show a familiarity with the university programs in relation to your future plans and ideas for your professional career.

Home / Scholarship / SOP for Exchange Program to Chungnam National University