Sponsors and campaigns - Leadership essay for my Chevening application-Maedeh

maedeh93 2 / 5 1  

My sense of leadership

Hi guys, please check my essay out:
My sense of leadership is part of my personality, and during my life, because of my intention to become an influencer I passed several courses and read several books about self-control and about Rules and procedures of leadership and tried to implement them.

In school time, the scientific conferences were held in my school at which talented students with high expression and good self-confidence were selected for participating at. I was selected as the head of the group for two conferences in the Mathematical and Physics. That was the experience of a lifetime for my leadership. we became the top school group in both conferences and we reached regional competition. I learned that the leader should identify ways, motivate and inspire team members instead of controlling and restricting people to the rules.

When I entered the University of .., I was attracted to the activities of the student's scientific association of urban planning and after some time I elected as the president of the association.

That means I was the chairman of a group of six who designing and implementing collaborative academic activities for urban development engineering students. Our goal was to design programs to enhance student's knowledge and prepare them for the labour market in a friendly and cooperative way. I created a team of editorial staff to reopen the college's magazine after seven years with Our collaboration our magazine was able to become the best student journal in the two years of the student magazine festival.

Currently, I was given the responsibility for the environmental campaign called .... It given to me by its representatives in Iran. As one of the main features of this campaign coordinators plans to clean up the world from garbage in 15th September, which was carried out simultaneously in 160 countries. In this event I coordinated between provinces and I developed the description of their tasks. As a result this event was successfully held in 21 provinces and 45 different sites with thousands of participants in Iran. I also consonance our site and social media and news agencies to publicise our campaign in a powerful way. Hence our event was published by dozens of newspaper and news agencies, and followed by almost 2 thousand people in social media. To reach our local environmental goals, I am currently running 5 other campaigns which aimed at propagation of fabric bags and lowering plastic use. I am writing action plans, and identifying the responsibilities of volunteers who want to help.

I know that Chevening is a community of people with high leadership abilities that I can grow alongside and share my experiences. In fact, in order to continue my career in my country, I need to use the experience of people who have done impressive stir for their country in order to learn how they negotiate with political organizations, how to attract sponsors, how to lead a successful campaign, and how they managed their movement to make change in their society.
milomontang 1 / 5 2  
Hi, welcome to essay forum, since i noticed this must be your first thread here :)

I would like to give some comments on your essay:

(1) i got an advice from a contributor (Holt) on my thread that the reviewers do not interested with the development of your leadership skills. for further explanation, please do check my thread ;)

(2) you put some examples of leadership position and just mentioned their job description. It would be better if you can pick one situation and develop them as a story from start to end. Maybe you can use STAR approach to convince the reader that you are ready to be the future leader.

I suggest you to go to the search tab, just type Chevening Leadership and you can find lots of similar threads.

I hope this helpful.
;)
Maedeh, you have to delete this essay and write a totally new one. The target of your new essay should be to be able to relate how your leadership and influencing style has helped to improve the lives of the people you come into contact with in Iran. A simple task such as the garbage clean up, though national in scale, is too low key and not really indicative of a leadership and influencing style. Your academic and association experience is even worse because that did not have any national impact.

By finding key leadership and influencing characteristics of yourself in your current professional setting or through a significant community service activity, you should be able to prove that you have the best interest of your country or the best interest in terms of helping your countrymen, at heart. That means, your leadership essay needs to present specific information about a particular cause in your profession that you are focused on participating in because it can help improve the state of your country and countrymen.

Without a reference to the concern for a true national or community based situation or problem, supported by the movements you made to change that situation (leadership and influencing), then it won't matter how many books and journals you read or leadership documentaries you watched. You will not be able to prove that you have the ability to become a future leader and influencer in your country in the future as required by the scholarship program.

Home / Scholarship / Sponsors and campaigns - Leadership essay for my Chevening application-Maedeh