SSF housing scholarship: About Me, My major , and unique experience

Guest /  
This is for the southern scholarship foundation

I just feel like I'm repeating the same things, and I'm horrible with grammar.
Prompt:
1. Write a brief autobiography, which includes your characteristics and general outlook on life.

2. Select the most significant event in your life and discuss how it affected you.

3. Briefly discuss your professional goals and how you hope to achieve them.

4. Tell us why you are a good candidate for our community living scholarship.

Essay:
I was born in Hungary 2 months early to a single mom. However, I never felt like it was just the two of us, because it was not. I had my grandmother, and my grandfather who we lived with. As well as, my uncles, aunts, and cousins who often visited? I grew up in a very un-American type house. You had to go outside to go upstairs, and go outside to go to another room. The house also had a very large yard area complete with a chicken coop. I moved to Oregon when I was 5 years old knowing very little English. I quickly learned English going to kindergarten. I soon knew how to read faster than most of my English born counter parts. Today, I know more English than Hungarian. I am still just as impatient since the moment I was born. I hate feeling like I am waiting around for something to happen, which is why I decided to graduate a year early. The other characteristic that really stuck with me is love of language. I like learning languages. I want to know Spanish and Russian Fluently. Both of which I am intermediate in. I would also like to know Chinese and Arabic, but I have a feeling those are going to be more difficult. I have already started learning Chinese and Arabic.

I would say that moving to America is the most significant event of my life. Even if I disregard that without moving here, well than I wouldn't be writing this essay to begin with, I can still say it is the most significant event. It gave me the ability to speak English, and the knowledge that I can learn other languages, and the knowledge that our world is diverse. I choose my major, International Relations, because I want to be able to meet people from all different parts of the world. If I look at it like I could have been born in America I would still prefer to move here instead of being born here. Because I had to work hard ,shifting through hundreds of index cards, to catch up to the other kindergartners I always push myself to be better than average.

My professional goal is to work for the UN. I am interested in taking part in actions that can help mend relation between two countries, help countries whose infrastructure is still building, and help bring peace to countries in war. I am working toward that goal by learning languages, and my starting my degree in International Relations. I have already started learning languages as I previously mentioned. I have also started my college degree through dual enrollment. I would like to graduate HSB, or URI before I am 21. I have 42 credits as of 1/01/14, and I am currently enrolled in 15 more. I have a GPA of 3.8 in both college classes, and high school. I know that the path to working for the UN is long, but I am willing to put in the effort. After I get out of college, I will probably start working for the private sector ,but I hope to move into the public sector soon after.

I am a good candidate for my community living scholarship, because I am always willing to help people and my community. I have 150 volunteer hours all from my high school through being a summer office helper, library assistant, teacher assistant, and helping with graduation. This scholarship would mean greatly decreasing my costs of attendance, because room and board is so expensive otherwise. Room and Board cost as much as the tuition does, and my parents are unable to help me pay for college.
niesaysi 16 / 290 85  
As well as, my uncles, aunts, and cousins who often visited?

This is supposedly not a question. It is simply a statement . You may connect this from the preceding sentence :I had my grandmother, and my grandfather who lived with me, as well as my uncles, aunts, and cousins who often visited us.

I want to know Spanish and Russian Fluently

-do not capitalize letter "f".
OP Guest /  
Thank you for the corrections.

Home / Scholarship / SSF housing scholarship: About Me, My major , and unique experience