Statement of Purpose for Cultural Exchange in Korea - Chungnam National University

quangvh 1 / -  
Statement of Purpose (150-250 words)
"The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only a page" - Saint Augustine. To me, participating in Summer Session for International students at Chungnam National University is this summer's biggest wish.

Attending University of Science(VNU-HCMUS), enthusiasm and leadership qualities quickly turned me into Head of External Affairs at the university English club, responsible for networking, sponsorship as well as cultural exchange activities. In 2015, I became a coordinator of Pukyong National University's volunteering program at HCMC thanks to my excellent work at the club. Therefore, experience from CNU SSIS would help me contributing more to similar activities with Korean students.

The 1-month-cultural-exchange in Singapore in 2014 is my favorite among other activities. Participants from Vietnam and Indonesia were required to design a communication device for the 50+ applying Design Thinking and take classes of culture and social etiquette. It was fantastic experiencing intercultural teamwork and exploring the donating behaviors of hijab women as our assignment topic. With outstanding result, I became one speaker of the closing ceremony, proving that I could perform well in any cultural exchange.

Recent years saw Korean proficiency and understanding becoming professional advantages as more and more Korean companies are hiring Vietnamese software developers. Majoring in IT, CNU provides ideal climate to develop my intercultural sensitivity which prepares me for a career involving international workplace.

I am result-driven, willing to work hard to meet the requirements. And with the experiences, I hope given an opportunity to show what I am capable of archiving.
And with the experiences, I hope given an opportunity to show what I am capable of archiving achieving.--- Don't start the sentence with 'And'. Instead, do this:

With the experiences I gain, I hope given for an opportunity to show what I am capable of archiving. fulfill my potential.

The quote you used gave me an interesting idea. I think you might enjoy searching google for the D Tao Tw Ching chapter 47. It says the opposite of the St Augustine quote. In your essay maybe you will say you want to do the summer session as part of your way to figure out which one is true. Even if you don't use this idea, you will still have a theme that involves traveling and a comparison of life with a book. So, you should mention that theme again at the end of the essay. Also it will be great if you begin or end one of the paragraphs with another sentence that states specifically what kind of purpose you want to achieve by attending this cultural exchange.

Home / Scholarship / Statement of Purpose for Cultural Exchange in Korea - Chungnam National University