Personal Statement for International Health Management

Cepkorby 1 / 1  
Hi please I need a thorough scrutiny of my Personal statement for Masters in International Health Management. Please kindly help me with structure, content and grammar. No specific areas were outlined by the school.

Personal Statement

With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, the entire global health management industry is working tirelessly to contain and minimize the impact of the pandemic. Global issues such as this highlight the need for an efficient global health management industry in our lives.

My desire to further my study in masters for international health management was birth from the huge gap in the delivery of healthcare among rural areas and the iconic cities of Ghana.

I studied Nutrition and Dietetics as my first degree and I was privileged to embark on vocational training and community services in typical rural regions of Ghana as part of my program module.

During each vocational training and community participation, we were required to carry out research on pertinent areas of health issues within the community. My findings over the years depict a high prevalence of mortality, malaria prevalence, and poor nutritional status, which are the resultant effects of poor access to healthcare in these deprived communities.

Juxtaposing this experiences in school to other experiences in the urban centers of Ghana during my internship, depicts that access to healthcare and timely interventions is very effective in the urban centers analogous to that of the rural centers. This inequality in healthcare defies the SDG Health goal 3, which states emphatically "Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages". It emphasis that to achieve the overall health goal, we must achieve universal Health Coverage and access to quality health care. No one must be left behind.

Having an upgraded knowledge in the field of international health management in XXX will put me one-step ahead my desire to resolve some of these health care disparities in my country since the course module is well structured to cover the major areas that influence healthcare delivery in Ghana and the world as a whole. Some of these modules are management, Economics, policy, Governance, and research.

Professionally, I am registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Regulatory Body in Ghana. By this, I practiced as a Nutrition Consultant with E-love Health Consult- a private health consult in Ghana. I also served as a community health educator where I used community radio as media, and church platforms to address certain discrepancies in nutrition. I volunteered in community health screening assignments for schoolchildren and coordinated health-screening activities for children with Compassion International- and international charity organization. This exposure has opened me up to several health inequities in deprived communities and the desire to one-day come back to bridge such gaps. In 2021, I volunteered in a national project with Ghana Statistical Service as a lead facilitator in Training of Enumerators and Supervisors in the Ghana Housing and Population Census 2021. This exposure has helped me to apt my leadership, communication, organizational and managerial skills, required for my upcoming studies. It has also given me an overview of the economic drivers of Ghana.

My choice to study the course in Berlin School Of Business and Innovation stem from the fact that, unlike other universities I have researched, BSBI provides students with the opportunity to improve their soft skills as well as research skills and also guarantee benefits from progressive outlook of the program which places as much importance on practical relevance as on international value.

The program is also structured to adopt a blended learning approach and thus, includes both on-campus classes and online lessons, which allows students the flexibility in the completion of their studies while providing opportunity to interact with both teachers and fellow students.

About my career prospects, this program will help me gain international perspective using team- based learning approach and its rigorous and hands-on nature will provide me with an amazing network that would help me to launch my career in health policy and ethics and will fuel my determination to bridge the gap of childhood poor nutrition in Ghana as well as the world through policy making.
Your specific service requests are covered only by our private review services. The free service covers only a general review of your essay, which you will find useful just the same. For a comprehensive review based on your requirements, you will need to contact me privately. In the meantime, here is a general review of your essay.

The personal statement contains too many disconnected topics. You are throwing ideas in there hoping that the reviewer will be impressed by the scattered ideas that mind you, do not have any professional development included in the reference. You started off your discussion with a mention of Covid -19, then did not mention it again in reference to your background, internship, or professional exposure. So what was the use of mentioning Covid 19 in this case?

There is no clear connection in your personal statement between your first degree and the development of your interest in public health. Based on your discussion, it is going to be difficult to connect the dots between Covid, your first degree, internship, and other experiences. These are all seperate information that you did not manage to properly connect in relation to the development of your interest in public health. There is no way that this personal statement will be considered by the reviewers due to the lack of proper personal interest development in public health.
OP Cepkorby 1 / 1  
Good day
Thanks for the feedback
Can you help fine tune my personal statement? - please contact us at essayforum.com@gmail.com for private services by Holt. Thank you!

Home / Scholarship / Personal Statement for International Health Management