Personal Statement - Master at Brunel University (motivation letter)

lany83 6 / 15 4  
I will be applying to the British Council STEM scholarship programme, and first I need to apply to the University course.
The motivation letter needs between 500 to 1000 words and answer:
Your reasons for choosing to study at Brunel University London
Your reasons for choosing the course
How this course will contribute to your chosen future career plans
Any other information you wish us to consider, i.e. relevant experience relating to your intellectual, professional, social, sports or other interests.
I appreciate you making the correction.

letter of motivation

Brazil has some of the most diverse ecosystems on earth, and this wealth appeals to the competitive cosmetics business, which is driven by effectiveness and sustainable resource usage.

The potential for new businesses and the potential of the producing regions inspire national and multinational companies to participate in this sector, despite the high costs of exploration and distant returns.

My motivation for applying to the Master's program in sustainability, entrepreneurship, and design at Brunel University London was to think about how society can advance by implementing initiatives that have the least possible negative environmental impact, as well as sustainable alternatives for the production of cosmetics derived from the semi-arid region of Bahia.

I am a pharmacist who graduated in 2014 from the Federal University of Bahia with a postgraduate degree in pharmaceutical industry management and an executive MBA with a focus on strategic marketing, planning, and competitive intelligence steps I am taking to achieve my goals.

At my graduation, I made my own path and concentrated my studies on the experimental and research components because cosmetics has always been a passion of mine and we did not have a discipline devoted to it. As a result, I founded the First Academic League of Cosmetology at UFBA.

This expansion of the area of cosmetology later led to a proposal to develop phytocosmetics and herbal cures using elements from the semi-arid state of Bahia.

I was able to oversee and lead the initiative to manipulate items from the northeastern biodiversity in order to advance the area's economy. It was a fantastic project where we looked at the area's economic potential, sought to conserve the ecosystem in a sustainable manner, and worked to ensure that local communities and small farmers had a significant impact on the preservation of the Caatinga biomes in Bahia.

With the end of graduation and the difficult economic circumstances of working in the pharmaceutical industry in Brazil, I temporarily moved away from the experience of research that I fought so hard to acquire but it never disappeared from my life..

I currently work as a commercial pharmacist. It is a daily learning experience, as I can develop several essential skills for my professional career, such as leadership, people management, networking, and analysis of results. As a leader who has a unit with 10 employees, we have to do humanized work in addition to all the bureaucratic and operational aspects because, as a pharmacist, I need to provide pharmaceutical care to the population.

In 2018, I took Empretec, a UN methodology course for the development of future entrepreneurial leaders at SEBRAE, a social service group focused on entrepreneurship in Brazil, through a 6-day immersion process.

This activity so far has been the most helpful in developing my current network. Through Sebrae's monthly meetings, which are now virtual, I have the chance to converse with a variety of professionals, from businessmen from unions like Fecomércio and Sindicosméticos to even Sebrae. This experience taught me how to cultivate entrepreneurial traits and build an influential network..

The technical skills I'll gain from pursuing a degree in this field will allow me to create a concrete strategy to support the socioeconomic growth of my area and community, particularly for women.

When I think of Brunel University, what attracts me the most to attend your institution is the format of your course as it embraces modules like the business planning module, which will allow me to acquire knowledge and entrepreneurial skills to create and launch new cosmetic products thinking in terms of the sustainable market. I will have the opportunity to apply the knowledge acquired throughout the course by developing a business strategy and using the skills to present my business plan to prospective investors, preparing myself for the challenging cosmetics market.

Another course that really interests me is international business strategy because it will give me a broad perspective of the industrial world, which is important because I want to encourage technology transfer so that foreign businesses can profit from entering domestic markets and increase the production of sustainable innovations that lead to good products for society.

I have always believed that scientific knowledge needs to be transformed into products that would result in a socioeconomic change in the country, so this experience will help me to resume the previous project in Brazil using sustainability, innovation, and social impact.

Considering the above, I am positive that this course will qualify me to offer companies who aim to launch a cosmetics business technical help, namely in sustainability practices and innovation. Via a startup, it will be from product conception through distribution, also considering digital marketing and thinking about scalability to build your firm.

Secondly, in five years I will start my biocosmetics and nutraceuticals business in partnership with two pharmacists and my sister, who holds a Master's degree in biotechnology and food science from Teesside University in the UK.

Brazil and the UK have a sustainability agreement, with the assistance of government organizations like SEBRAE (the Brazilian Support Service for Micro and Small Enterprises). I plan to grow my business into an industrial hub for biocosmetics and nutraceuticals using goods from the semi-arid state of Bahia and sustainable practices that have the least negative effects on the environment.

Being a black woman from the Salvador suburbs who attended only public schools, I feel that I have always had a strong commitment and drive to develop and contribute to my community, which battles to be recognized. In addition, I want to set an example for black women so they can see that we are capable of being top-notch professionals.

All in all, I am confident that I have the commitment and discipline to successfully complete your course of study in sustainability, entrepreneurship, and design.
This is a very messy thought presentation lacking in actual application towards the prompt requirements. There is, quite often, a deviation in the presentation, that leads to irrelevant details being presented. This is caused by the desire of the writer to present his background in relation to the course, instead of focusing on the given list of discussion requirements. More than half of this essay does not meet the required discussion information. It will be in your best interest to outline the topics you have presented for prompt relevance.

Outline the discussion topics as provided in the original. Then, using the information you have here, list your qualifications per section. See which questions remain unanswered and what information was not useful to the given discussion. Then you will see which areas you need to improve upon, provide details for, or simply remove from the presentation altogether. The process will help you come up with an improved version that you can further enhance for your application needs.

Home / Scholarship / Personal Statement - Master at Brunel University (motivation letter)