Personal Statement shows how your own interests are linked to the Digital Marketing programme

MariamM 5 / 14 2  
Hello Dears,
I really need your urgent support , I have written two versions of personal statement and I need your advice whether to combine or adjust any of them. So Many Thanks in Advance.

Please provide a statement that shows how your own interests are linked to the Digital Marketing programme. In this statement please describe your academic background, your reasons for applying for this programme and what you hope to gain from it, including any relevant experience, strengths, ambitions or research interests. ...max. 4000 characters

statement for a UK University - Marketing MSc

Version One:
Over eight years ago, during the summer 2009/10's marketing internships with a telecommunication company is when it has all started for me. That is the time I was introduced to the marketing world and concept. That is when I came to find out how much creativity and outside the box thinking is required to achieve set objectives for set campaigns for the company. I was inspired by the marketing processes used to either gain or retain existing customers.

Considering that Marketing is my desired field of specialization since being graduated from Faculty of Commerce, I researched for more information on Marketing shortly after my graduation and took a course named: "Marketing Professional Certificate" at the American Chamber of Commerce in Egypt where I have gained more valuable knowledge in that field.

Two years ago, after five years of working for Allianz, I took another Marketing course online through ALISON, which helped me stay up to date with latest skills and technology used in the marketing industry. And currently, I applied for two Bronze Level Certificates at Allianz Global Life and Health Academy. One of them includes a module of Digital Marketing that updates my knowledge heavily.

Needless to mention that I could not leave an opportunity to initiate and provide my company with new ideas such as providing an Arabic version of the website content in order to attract Arabic speaking customers, and create a mobile application that would help customers stay up to date with the latest offers and deals from the company and be informed of the required data they need.

Staying up to date with the latest online and offline techs, methodologies and techniques is must if you don't want to be left behind, hence the reason why it is important to secure the right education in order to remain ahead of the competition. Having said that, I trust that my genuine passion and desire to learn will see me through most challenges.

As we live in a digital era, one owes to understand that the future of business growth is mostly online, simply because: "that's where people are". So choosing to study a MSc in "Digital Marketing", seems to me the most logical option based on my previous experience and studies as well as my future plans.

King's College London is my top choice as it is one of the top ranked teaching universities worldwide. It enjoys good reputation in teaching and has a very diverse community which is an excellent combination of world class education and networking in multi-cultural environment. Studying digital consumer behavior in addition to marketing analytics and research as core modules, would be a fantastic addition to my current experience and skills. I believe it will give me strong knowledge in this field in both theoretical and practical approach as it will not only help to gain the required skills but also it covers the upcoming development in this industry.
Ulfaidrus_flip 5 / 5 1  
I think it would be better if you arrange your essay more systematically.
You can state your main idea in the beginning or/and of your paragraph and the content should support it.
In addition, you should observe King's College well through its website to enrich your explanation about why you choose it.

Home / Scholarship / Personal Statement shows how your own interests are linked to the Digital Marketing programme