The strong career plan must depend on the person's skills, qualifications, and experience. CHEVENING

kareem ragab 4 / 8 2  
this is my statement about my career plan for the chevening scholarship. your help would be appreciated.

The strong career plan must depend on the person's skills, qualifications, and experience in order to achieve his ambition in life. For me, my personal estimation of a rewarding career is when I am engaged in ensuring that Egypt's ambitious development goals are not just wishful thinking.

Based on this estimation, my immediate plan after I return to my home country is to help in developing the marketing plans and strategies for my employer Egypt Post. As a governmental organization, its work of providing postal and non-banking financial services for individuals and institutions relates to my entrepreneurial vision and my end-career goal of being a marketing consultant. I plan to work as head of Planning in the marketing department at Egypt Post. This position will give me the required authority to identify and develop the marketing strategies for Egypt Post with advanced marketing practices and theories orientation. Moreover, this position will allow me to broaden my network with many influential people, including business owners and government officials. After two years, I aspire to grow with the company and move into the role of a manager where I will lead projects as well as manage and coach teammates.

Seven years after, I see myself as an expert and marketing consulter in The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. At the same time, I will start my own business with the mission to help small and medium enterprises become more competitive and ease aspiring entrepreneurs to do business that boosts local employment, which will eventually improve economic. In terms of the academic path, I am planning to get a doctorate degree in business administration after ten years.

In addition to my work, I also intend to start a social project to combat terrorism. The project aims to educate young people about the dangers of terrorism, fight the ideas of extremism and violence and refuting the advertising launched by terrorist groups among young people. This project will cooperate with religious institutions, scientists, psychologists, artists and athletes to launch awareness campaigns against terrorism in schools, universities, and youth groups. The project will also organize cultural, sports and artistic activities to promote the ideas of peace and social reconciliation and acceptance of others.

In essence, while securing an eminent position in a renowned governmental organization like Egypt Post or The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology can be very competitive, I firmly believe that with my miscellaneous and invaluable experience in the UK, I will be able to distinguish myself from others and accomplish what I want to carry out in the future, ultimately making an impact on Egypt socioeconomic development. I understand that in my journey to achieve my dreams, there will be obstacles along the road. However, I know that it is up to me to utilize all opportunities and even make my own. After all, It takes a painfully long process for a caterpillar to metamorphose into a beautiful butterfly; all great things in the world take time.
Kareem, your post study career plan sounds highly feasible. Allowing the reviewer to conclude that you are a serious student whose interest in this course will lead you towards a rewarding, if not lucrative career back in your home country. The only problem I can see with your essay is that there is a gap of 5 years between your first 2 years plan and the continuing plans you have for your career after 7 years. Now, normally, the reviewer will be interested in your 5 year career plan since that is closest to the time when you graduate from the program. Since your 2 year plan seems quite compact, it is unclear how you plan to accomplish all those goals within 2 years. My advice is to spread your 2 year plan over a period of 5 years. That way the 7 year progression will sound more logical to the reader.

Home / Scholarship / The strong career plan must depend on the person's skills, qualifications, and experience. CHEVENING