Study Abroad Essay (to become a psychologist)

justin504 1 / 3  
Had to write A brief (300-500 word) essay on why you would like to Study Abroad.
Also had to include answers to the following questions

Why do you want to Study Abroad?
Why have you selected your host country?

Describe your personal interests, previous overseas travel,
work experience and volunteer experience?

How will you contribute to the overall success of the
The Education Abroad Network's programs?

Was wondering can you guys tell me you think, and correct any grammar or spelling errors you come across. Really will appreciate it!

I feel that studying abroad will be a good investment because it will change my life. I will come back to America as a whole new person that will better understand this rapid changing world. Studying abroad will help me to live and work in our increasingly multi-cultural world and will give me the chance to experience another country's vibrant history, art and culture. This will be an adventure of a lifetime that will help me develop self-confidence, new languages, and new perspectives of life. My future goals and aspirations are to go to grad school and become a psychologist. My most influent reason is to help people and give back to my community that gave to me.

In my future I will like pursue a career in the field of educational psychology, it has been a part of my plans since my early teen years. From my first summer job to my current position, the majority of my work and volunteer experience has involved counseling and children. To know that I can make a positive impact on a child's life is very rewarding for me.

My past accomplishments gave me the opportunity to give back to my community, which I values most. During high school I was president of TREND (Turing Resources Into NewDirections) and the president of our senior class. As president, I helped to arrange many community service projects for our school such as Spring Clean up, canned food drives and Red Ribbon week. These activities influence me and other students at Lovejoy to come together and make changes in our community. Some changes I have made in our community and school were getting more student and parents involved in our activities. I have also encouraged many children to join Project Success and TREND, which is an organization that teachers youth to be drug and alcohol free and provide a positive environment they can go to after school.

I will contribute to the overall success of the program by my comment of Academic Integrity-I will dedicate myself to the ongoing pursuit of knowledge and truth. I will respect the integrity of each person and value individuals for the creations, achievements, and contributions with which each enriches our community. Personal Responsibility-I will assume full responsibility for myself in all respects...my actions, thoughts, personal growth, and development. Social Responsibility-I will contribute to the university community and leave Notre Dame a better place for having been there. Consideration of Others-I will demonstrate a concern for the welfare and rights of others, and I will respect the dignity of all persons.
glitter17 2 / 6  
and new perspectives of life. 'on life.'
My most influent reason is to help people and give back to my community that gave to me.
'Influential'

This is good, and the credentials you have cited are impressive in terms of your work with TREND.
The only thing I could say about this is some aspects seem a bit generalised and generic, especially in the last paragraph, it's a bit 'fluffy' if you see what I mean? Maybe if you could be a bit more specific, it's just it's easy for anyone to write the last paragraph as it's so general and your sentences are just a bit 'stiff', they don't reveal much of your personality...

x
OP justin504 1 / 3  
I totally Agree, will makes the changes. Thanks so much Hanna!
thinhtvdhtm 41 / 97  
are u sure about the tense u used. and note that u used so much "will"
hitchhike 14 / 27  
In my future I will like pursue a career in the field of educational psychology, [psychology;]

separate newdirections in paragraph 3
OP justin504 1 / 3  
Thank You All for the help!
Consideration of Others-I will demonstrate a concern for the welfare and rights of others, and I will respect the dignity of all persons. Instead of saying you will, you should express interests associated with these values.
OP justin504 1 / 3  
got accepted in the program ;)

Home / Scholarship / Study Abroad Essay (to become a psychologist)