Study impact on my career as a Policy Analyst and Planning Expert in government

Umbu Richy 4 / 10 1  
Hai everyone. My name is Richy and now I'm working on my scholarship application (AAS).
I would very grateful and really appreciate if you review my essay. Thank you

How will the proposed study contribute to your career?

*(1975 characters from max. 2000)

My future career is to be a Policy Analyst and Planning Expert in government. I choose this career path because of the clear and openly measurable career paths and performance. To become a Policy Analyst, skills and knowledge are needed in the fields of public policy, technical and policy analysis, and policy advice forming-writing. In terms of planning, special skills in planning, management, monitoring and evaluation, and leadership are also needed.

Master of Public Policy will equip me to meet these required competencies and qualifications through the courses presented. By completing the courses Public Policy Analysis and Political Problems and Policy Responses, I will have in-depth knowledge of the disciplines of political science and policy and administration, and the ability to examine governance, policy, and public sector reform issues from other disciplinary perspectives. I will also have critical and strong reasoning skills, and creativity in applying theory and research methods to complex practical problems across diverse contexts. In terms of Planning, after completing the Crisis Management, Monitoring and Evaluation in Development, and Executive Leadership and Management courses, I will be able to design and implement an effective Monitoring and Evaluation plan and system for development organizations and have effective oral and written communication skills and responsible, self-motivation, self-direction and outstanding organizational skills to set goals and manage time and priorities.

The Master of Public Policy degree that I will obtain after completing my studies can ultimately meet the qualifications needed to work as a Policy Analyst and Planning Expert in the Provincial Government and the Central Government which requires a minimum of Master level of education. Apart from that, I also will have the opportunity to become a practitioner lecturer to share the knowledge from my Master's education and from my work experience.
Remove the first paragraph. You do not need an introductory paragraph when writing character limited responses. The character limit means the reviewer wants you to give a clear and direct response from the very beginning. Shorten the rest of the paragraphs as well because these are too long for the reviewer to spend time reading. Deliver a concise discussion that will ultimately, give the quickest but most relevant explanation of how the study will contribute to your career. Discuss the career goal rather than the extensive preparation. What is the ultimate reason for the study? What is the position you hope to achieve? How does the course make for a clearer career path for yourself? The last paragraph should be the first paragraph with the rest, being the supporting explanations.
OP Umbu Richy 4 / 10 1  
Oh, I see. I just realized that I didn't really discuss my career goal and just put it as additional information.
I will move the last paragraph into the first paragraph and explain more about that.
Thank you, Sir. I really appreciate that.

Home / Scholarship / Study impact on my career as a Policy Analyst and Planning Expert in government