STUDY PLAN GKS 2022_Graduate_Radiologic Imaging Technology

milaniawati 1 / 2  
please help me to check my study plan, thankyou

LANGUAGE STUDY PLAN

Before I come to Korea,

a. January -May 2021
I learnt Korean alphabets called as Hangul by online course in Pogul. I continued Korean levels 1A and 1B. I memorize 3 simple vocabularies every day.

b. June 2021- March 2022
I have been taking an online Korean language course at the King Sejong Institute, Surabaya start from the beginning of level 1A. Now I'm studying at level 1B. Besides that, I also take Korean online courses in Pogul by email 10 minutes per day. Moreover, I learn Korean through applications such as drops and Lysn. In the drop application, I learn vocabulary by being given a clue in the form of a picture or native voice then choose an answer with a similar pronunciation and hangul writing. I think this application really help me with the interesting learning method. In the Lysn application, a paid chat application between idols and fans is equipped with a translation. It could help me to learn informal Korean sentences, that are not in formal learning books. Since I studied Korean for about a year, I am very happy to be able to catch short sentences or words while watching dramas or variety shows or listening to certain songs. This makes me interested in being able to fully master the Korean language.

I also took an online course to prepare for TOEFL PBT at Golden English. I do this to improve my grammar skills so that I can write college assignments properly and correctly. I continue to improve other skills by listening to English songs and videos, increasing reading exercises, and improving speaking skills by communicating with other course participants using English.

c. April 2022- July 2022
I will take the TOPIK 1 exam as a provision. TOPIK 1 will be held on April 10, 2022. My target is I will obtain level 2 score of TOPIK 1 (up to 140 out of 200 scores). Because the exam schedule is held after selection stage 1, I cannot attach it to the scholarship application. Then I will take the TOEFL IBT test around July 2022 because I still feel the need to prepare again and again in order to get the maximum possible results. My target is 100 out of 120 scores of TOEFL IBT.

I have to adjust the schedule of English and Korean language courses with my work schedule. Luckily, I can choose a work schedule when there are no course hours. My current Korean language course schedule is in the morning on Saturday for 3 hours, then my unit head will give my schedule to work in the afternoon or evening. I take English courses in the afternoon on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday hence I work in the morning or evening. I also take the time to review material and add vocabulary when getting home from work or when having free time at work. In the afternoon and evening shifts, when there are no patients, I study additional material and practice questions about TOPIK and TOEFL. Every day for this year I am very busy learning languages, especially Korean because I am still a beginner.

After I come to South Korea,

August 2022- Juni 2023
I will have obtained TOPIK Level 2 in April 2022, and I want to improve my Korean language skills at least TOPIK 5 before doing my master's study in August 2023. I will try to communicate decently with Koreans in any kinds of background. I will memorize three simple but useful vocabularies per day. Besides that, I plan to take an online English course specifically for speaking skills at the EF Indonesia. Besides improving my Korean language skills, I want to improve my English speaking skills at the same time.

Juli - August 2023
I will read and preview the materials written in English from the professors at the university where I do my graduate studies. While undergoing the master's program, I will continue to study Korean every day until I can reach TOPIK 6. I will leave half an hour per day to learn Korean at least add 5 new vocabularies.

One at a time.
The work schedule has no bearing on the language study plan. How you plan your work hours around your language class sessions is of no importance to the reviewer. His only concern is the eagerness that you are pursuing the language courses prior to your arrival in Korea. Remove those irreelevant mentions. Keep the focus on language studies alone. There is no need to mention specific timeframes for your studies and exam plans either. Do not use bullet points to create the discussion. You are not making a powerpoint presentation to the reviewer. Just relax and explain your language learning plan. As for the tests you plan to take, it appears to be irrelevant to the conversation since these cannot be considered as a part of your application. Instead, refer to taking the tests after you arrive in Korea since you will have to take the TOPIK test again to qualify for the regular semester.
OP milaniawati 1 / 2  
Thank you for your advices, i will fix it .

Home / Scholarship / STUDY PLAN GKS 2022_Graduate_Radiologic Imaging Technology