My predicted career? A computer teacher or lecturer. Study Plan for KGSP Graduate Application

momonisme 2 / 2 2  
This is my study plan for KGSP Graduate. Help me to check it.

Korean Government Scholarship Program - plan of study

Goal of study, title or subject of research, and detailed study plan

I am applying for a master's program in Computer Education and Computer Science. My future professional career goal is to be a computer teacher or lecturer. Along with the technology that is growing rapidly, addressing the needs of today's learner and finding effective ways to integrate Information and Communication Technology (ICT) into teaching and learning process are the challenges I have to face as an educator. ICT using in learning and teaching process is no exception in Korea. I interested in learning about educational technology in Korea, especially about SMART Education program developed by Korean Ministry of Education. In terms of computer skills, I have a high interest to expand my knowledge in computer programming, networking, data structures, telecommunication, and multimedia for the classroom. I believe that master's program in computer education or computer science through KGSP can prepare me to pursue my future professional career goal.

I have been working at Bandung Institute of Technology for six months. Bandung Institute of Technology have been developing and using e-learning since 2015 to support the learning process of students. Based on my experience during work here, I realize that development and improvement of e-learning must continuously be done so that the e-learning can meet the needs of the user and effectively used in learning and teaching process. It inspired me to conduct a research about user satisfaction as the basis for the development and improvement of e-learning.

Background of the study
The development of information technology, especially the internet in Indonesia led to many new innovation in the use of information technology in various field, including education. E-learning is one of innovations that applied in education field. The utilization of e-learning in education can facilitate distance learning and change the traditional and passive way of learning into more interactive and diversified learning. E-learning is a mediator that connects the resources and services to users that can be accessed anywhere. E-learning is used to facilitate the learning process, including access to learning materials, assignments, quizzes, and as media or discussion forum. Those needs must be fulfilled so e-learning can be used effectively in teaching and learning process. Consequently, the development and improvement should be done continuously. In the development of e-learning, the satisfaction level of students and lecturer as user of e-learning plays a very important role. So for my research, I plan to conduct a research about XXX. This research focuses on developing a XXX. The XXX will be measured using XXX method.

Goals
To develop and apply XXX

Research Methods
The research that I plan to conduct will be carried out by using Prototyping Model for the development of software. Prototyping model is the process of developing a trial version of a system in order to clarify the requirements of the system or to reveal critical design considerations. Following is the stepwise to design a software prototype:

Basic requirement identification: understanding the very basic requirements of product especially in term of user interface.
Developing the initial prototype: The initial prototype is developed, where the very basic requirements are showcased and user interfaces are provided.
Review of the prototype: The developed is then presented to the costumer and the other important stakeholders in the project. The feedback is collected in an organized manner and used for further enhancements in the product under development.

Revise and enhance the prototype: The feedback and the review comments are discussed during this stage and some negotiations happen with the costumer based on factors like, time and budget constraints and technical feasibility of actual implementation.

Expected Outcomes
Develop a web-based application that provides XXX
Measuring the XXX using XXX method.

Impact of the study
The success of this research will be valuable in the future considering that the utilization of e-learning in education need to be improved. The web-based application developed in this research can help in collecting data about the level of satisfaction of e-learning users. In addition, the results of this research which contains information on the satisfaction level of e-learning user can be used as input in order to improve the quality of e-learning services.

Detailed Study Plan
To pursue my master's degree on time may require a lot of hard work. So I had planned what I must to do within 3 years during study in Korea. During the first year of my stay in Korea, I keen to focus learning Korean language and culture. I believe that my interest and basic understanding in Korean language will really helpful during one year of language program. After I finish my Korean Language Program, I will start my master's degree program. During my first year of master's degree, I want to join laboratory related to Informatics or Computing Education and start preparing necessary material for my research proposal under the instruction of my research advisor. In my second year, I keen to focus for my research by reading many journals and work hard for my thesis.
Backtoschool - / 1  
@momonisme

Quite frankly, you look like a student who knows what they are going to do in Korea. However, what's your research Title? Have you decided on one?
OP momonisme 2 / 2 2  
@Backtoschool
i have decided the title. But i dont mention it. I just explain briefly what i want to do for my research.
Monita, you have to remove the reference to the 3 year research plan for your masters thesis. The reason behind this is simple. You first have to complete your Hangul classes and prove that you can survive the Hangul based lessons by passing the TOPIK test. You will not even be enrolled in the formal masters classes until after you have completed the language requirements. So saying that you will begin the research upon the commencement of the lessons will be a false expectation on your part. Remove that reference because of that technicality. Just assume that you have already passed the test and you will begin your research as soon as you begin formal classes during the second year of your stay. It seems to me that you can add more detail to your study plan by including the specific types of research and methodologies that you plan to use for the research. How is it all supposed to come together and work cohesively? What problems do you expect to encounter and how do you plan to overcome these?
OP momonisme 2 / 2 2  
Thank you for your answer.
But i am sorry. Because of my limitations in English, honestly I can not grasp the meaning of your words completely.

So, in my study plan i mention :
- "So I had planned what I must to do within 3 years (1 year language program, 2 years masters program) during study in Korea" => So i have to remove this reference?

- "During my first year of master's degree (my second years staying in Korea), I want to join laboratory related to Informatics or Computing Education and start preparing necessary material for my research proposal under the instruction of my research advisor"

- "In my second year(of masters program, my third years staying in Korea), I keen to focus for my research by reading many journals and work hard for my thesis"
Remove the reference to the one year language program. So that means that you should discuss your research time frame starting from the second year of your studies, which is when the formal education begins and you will most likely, be give the opportunity to finalize your masters thesis proposal with the help of advisers and mentors. You will only be doing the actual research work over 2 years because the first year is dedicated to language lessons. There will be no masters classes yet during your first year because you have to familiarize yourself with Hangul first. That is why I said you have to remove that reference in the plan presentation. It is only the language study period of one year that you have to remove from the essay. You can keep all the information related to the formal 2 years masters study. Everything after the one year language study should stay in the proposal.

Home / Scholarship / My predicted career? A computer teacher or lecturer. Study Plan for KGSP Graduate Application