I want to study psychology - Personal statements 2021 kgsp undergraduate

nicole10115 1 / -  

personal presentation for kgsp

Hello,Hi, I'm thinking of running for Kgsp 2021, it would be helpful if you could tell me your opinion about my personal presentation.

My name is Nicole Rodríguez I am 19 years old and I am Venezuelan. I am the oldest in a family of five, which is made up of my mother, my younger sister, my grandparents and me. My mother is a caring person who cares about us to ensure that we live comfortably and has always supported our studies financially and morally with the greatest love and dedication that only a mother is able to do and I am very grateful for that, as well as for her support and guidance My younger sister is an affectionate person who has always supported me in all my decisions, both have been the one who gave me the courage to request the KGSP.

The person I most admire and has had the most influence in my life would be my mother, without her I would not be the person who I am today because she has instilled in me many positive values and I hope in the future to make her proud of the person that I will become thanks to her. It is my responsibility to work hard in my studies and in the future workplace to be able to place myself in a position where I can meet my family's needs and pay my debt for their gratitude. The financial situation of my family cannot offer me a good education at this time and I do not want to continue pressing them with my studies, since so far they sacrificed a lot for me.

I always dreamed of studying abroad and South Korea has always been an option for me, since I have always been interested in Korean culture. For me, South Korea is a country in continuous development that advances towards the future but without letting its history and culture wither despite the modernization unlike many other countries.

I entered elementary school when I was six years old and graduated in six years. Then, I continue my study until high school. In my first year, the institute where I was always for personal reasons had to close, and I was transferred to another institution where I continued my studies. Where I had to adapt to another area to which I was not accustomed and it was a good change where I learned that I can adapt to any new area. In that institute there were several clubs where in my third year I choose to join the extracurricular sign language group, because since I was little I always had the curiosity to know the meaning of some of those signs, unfortunately the leader teacher of that club could not continue and I had to change to another club, which was the embroidery in which I was until I finished my studies. My participation in these extracurricular activities taught me to balance time between studies and activities, as well as to manage stress. In my last year of high school, I made a final project with my partner, which was based on the autistic spectrum in children of my institution and how teachers should evaluate them, we also carried out our community service by visiting and providing support to the elderly and schools with economic difficulties I graduated from high school with a good score, I am even in the top ten.

After graduating from high school, I choose to take a sabbatical and get a job because I don't pass the national university entrance exam and because of my family's financial situation. My family initially did not want a sabbatical year to follow, but I convinced them, convincing them that I wanted to take my time to decide what I want to study in college instead of rushing and then regret my choices later. Now, I have finally made a final decision.

I want to study psychology.

We are in a generation that has many concerns that have not yet been addressed, I have met high school and high school students around me in the same way that friends and family have suffered or suffer mental health and attitude crisis that lost their goals and personalities that identified them despite the fact that we are at the age that we must take advantage of to know ourselves and choose their goals and passions and it is one of the reasons why I would like to study Psychology. This field plays an important role in society, and has great potential to dig up the roots of the problems present in time. I want to study psychology and understand how each person differentiates psychologically from each other and why there are such differences. I want to understand more deeply about the little things that people think don't matter. Obtaining a degree in psychology can lead me to a perspective of analyzing complex emotional problems and establishing solutions for real-world problems. At this point, I have decided to dedicate my life to allow myself to make a difference in people's lives.

The reason I am applying for this scholarship is because I want to get new experiences and knowledge, which I think will help me better understand psychology, especially human behavior. As we all know, psychology covers a variety of topics, most of them related to the human mind, behavior and communication. The habitat where you grew up, the culture of the people around you and your environment will have a great influence on the mind, behavior and communication.

In addition to receiving financial assistance, I am motivated to study psychology through this program because the Korean government itself has taken a step forward to raise awareness about mental health among people who prefer to avoid this issue. In addition, I am excited to be able to broaden my perspective internationally, since I will study in a foreign country with more diverse students. I believe in studying in South Korea with this program, it gives me the opportunity to enrich my knowledge and experiences there.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@nicole10115
Hi there, welcome to the forum! I hope this feedback becomes helpful for your writing endeavors. If it does, don't hesitate to come to us again. I wish you luck as well in your application for KGSP!

Firstly, the brief introduction in the beginning were rattled with too many basic details. Remember that these details are quite unnecessary in papers such as this because they are included already in the fundamental paperwork. What they are looking for here is more of an internal assessment of you as an individual or as an academic. Focus more on accomplishing this from this viewpoint.

While the second paragraph is alright, I heavily suggest prioritizing the information you put out and only place here data that you actually need.

The succeeding paragraphs suffered from the same concern of being overly heavy with unnecessary small details. You can do well with cutting down these portions into 50% of what they are now.

Home / Scholarship / I want to study psychology - Personal statements 2021 kgsp undergraduate