Studying in UK Chevening Essay - Opportunity to Learn the Business from its Best Practice

aniqshaniq 2 / -  
Please kindly review my Studying in UK essay for Chevening Scholarships

Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses, and explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future. Please do not duplicate the information you have entered on the work experience and education section of this form

B2B SaaS platform solution needed in Indonesia

I have a huge interest in technology industries that emerge in Indonesia right now. The conventional business practice has shifted into a modern business practice. The courses that I preferred is offering an advanced knowledge of modern business from creating the ideas, running the business process, developed the entrepreneurial mindset, and also build a sustainable modern business.

However, there a difference between each course. Newcastle University more specific to learn about E-Business industry and more into the practical skills in the industry itself. Whereas, in the University of Edinburgh and University of Birmingham focuses more on the general knowledge about Entrepreneurship in various sectors of business. I personally prefer Newcastle University since they offer a specific study about modern business for the future technology industry that emerging in Indonesia.

My first choice, of courses, is Newcastle University, majoring in E-Business. The course is specified to study modern e-business. It combines business strategies, leading technology, entrepreneurship, and organizational behavior. The students will learn about how companies plan, implement and conduct business with the customers, suppliers, and partners. I found that by studying the fundamentals of e-business, it will gradually develop my analytical and also practical skills. It also offers more in-depth about how e-business integrates with internal systems such as logistics, operations, finance.

The second choice is the University of Edinburgh majoring in Entrepreneurship & Innovation. The course offers more into general knowledge about entrepreneurship and also a heavy knowledge of Financial entrepreneurship as the stake of the business. The courses are not only offered theoretical knowledge but they also offer a project-based course that gives us the opportunity to address live innovation and entrepreneurship challenge with the real-life organizations.

The third choice, of courses, is the University of Birmingham that majoring in Management with Specialist Pathway. The programmes offer the advanced management concept by combining the core foundation of the subjects before choosing the specialist pathways. There are four specialist pathways that they offer and I'm planning to take the Entrepreneurship & Innovation specialist pathway because this pathway aiming to provide the students with solid practical, conceptual and also the analytical understanding of entrepreneurial start-ups. Besides, for this pathway, the students will also have the opportunity to start their own business.

As a developing country, Indonesia has a slow penetration towards technology industries. I'm interested to learn about the B2B SaaS platform solution and financial technology since right now technology companies that focus on B2B SaaS solution are still very rare in Indonesia I found that this business is really new for Indonesia's market and I think it will become the next business trend for the next 5 or 10 years. Here, I really want to take the opportunity to study abroad and learning to do the business in its best practice.
spelkey 1 / 3 1  
As I was reading thru your Outline I believe it clearly states the reasons for trying to obtain a scholarship. You put the colleges in order of importance to you, along with the reasons of importance. You do a good job of pointing out the differences in the university's that you are looking to attend. I hope that this will get you the scholarship you need to continue your education. Good Luck
gmeigo9 6 / 20 2  
Hi Shaniqua. I think you should eliminate the 2nd paragraph because it sounds like a repetition in the subsequent paragraphs or you can use these explanations in the respective university paragraph.

Your universities paragraphs shows that you surveyed about your courses and you know why you want what you want. The missing point in your essay is explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience. You have to show that you have a solid background that will support you in your chosen courses. Good Luck.
Shaniqua, this essay is not offering the information as required by the prompt. What are the requirements that are not presented?
1. ...explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience
2. ... your plans for the future

You need to explain the foundation of your academic interest in the courses based on your college education. Explain how your college education relates to your interest in a masters course. Then, as you discuss the university and course choices, explain its relevance to your current profession and your future career plans in relation to the chosen masters course.

You cannot tell the reviewer which university you prefer to attend. You have no say in which university and course you might be approved to attend under the scholarship. What you can do is indicate which universities have offered you unconditional acceptance at this point since Chevening requires the students to have assured acceptance in at least one university before applying for the scholarship. It does not sound like you have an offer yet. Or do you?

Try to fix your presentation in terms of providing your academic background and professional experience in relation to each course you have chosen. The way this essay is currently written, it isn't going to be very effective in proving the reasons why you chose these universities and courses.

Home / Scholarship / Studying in UK Chevening Essay - Opportunity to Learn the Business from its Best Practice