(Studying languages) Essay about my passion

sunshine357 1 / 2  
Okay, so here is the question: How do you believe that your passions will influence your college career and beyond?
I am going to submit this essay for a scholarship and I was hoping for feedback on content, writing style and M. U. G. S. I would appreciate any critique! Thank you.

By the way, I have a 350 word limit.

Studying languages is a hobby I have been passionate about since junior high. For example, Spanish; the sound of the double "r", the accents and the cultures that speak Spanish appeals to me. I consider my interest in Spanish as an obsession, so I see it being a part of my life in some way. I believe Spanish will influence my college career and future by directing my academic path, giving me the exposure to new learning experiences, and leading me to a relevant career.

Being the focus of my curriculum, Spanish will influence my college education. Spanish is my intended major, so that will have a major impact on academics. I will be educated more about the Spanish language, literature, history, and the respective cultures. As a result, majoring in this program will introduce me to other college programs.

Spanish will influence my college career by possibly giving me the chance to study abroad. If I were to study overseas, I could experience personal growth, or in comparison, I could expand my academic major. An entire range of professional opportunities could open up if I were to gain skills and experiences from studying in a foreign country.

Lastly, Spanish will influence my choice of career. Being a member of an organization that helps Latin American countries, and others, facing current issues such as poverty, education and crime is how I see my future. I want Spanish to be incorporated into a career that has value and indeed makes a difference in the world. Doing so would help a country in need, and I would still be involved in what I enjoy doing.

It is easy for me to be enthusiastic about new languages because it functions as a connection source among people. Specifically, I want Spanish to not only be a part of my career, but that career to be of value and importance. Having a passion for Spanish will greatly influence my college career and future by introducing me to a new education, experiences and globally beneficial careers.
chalumeau /  
**Read about the study abroad program at your school** Summarize the program in your words and say where exactly you want to go. Here is a place to describe ethnicities and subcultures that interest you.**

Being a member of an organization**What organization?**More specific here.** that helps Latin American countries face issues such as poverty, education and crime is how I see my future. **Good start. Try to picture yourself in a role. What do you see yourself doing? What strengths will help you? Dig deeper.**

***Conclusion*** Summarize what you've said. Come up with a famous quote and comment on it.***

Do you want to write this essay in both English and Spanish? Have you translated any materials? Format the essay if it's possible as if you were the copywriter or publisher. What Spanish-language newspapers, magazines, journals do you read?

I hope the 1st paragraph isn't overwritten. I wanted to show you how I could use your ideas to create new ones. I enjoyed reading your rough draft, but I found it simplistic, vague, and uncommitted. Try it again. I would encourage you to write it in both languages and use professional formatting if it's possible within the rules, of course.
OP sunshine357 1 / 2  
Thank you so much! I have a lot of revising to do. That's what I needed because, unfortunately, something as important as writing isn't my strong point. I'll be more descriptive and clear in my essay. Thank you again!

Home / Scholarship / (Studying languages) Essay about my passion