Summarise how the proposed activity aligns with Australian Government priorities

adhananj 3 / 6 1  

priorities for education, training and research

·Summarise how the proposed activity aligns with Australian Government priorities for education, training and research. This includes but is not limited to:
oThe National Strategy for International Education 2025
oThe National Innovation and Science Agenda
oIncreasing opportunities for institutions and individuals in regional Australia
oPromoting participation of underrepresented groups including Indigenous

Advancement in the field of space technology will lead to growth and diversification of Australian economy by creating high-level job opportunities across Australia. Space is integral to how we communicate and see the world. Satellite technology will help support Australia's key sectors such as agriculture, maritime, gas, mining and transport thereby establishing itself as the world leader. It provides emergency management, planning, and weather forecasting inspiring young people to engage in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) thus aligning with the National innovation and space agenda which aims to make Australia the most educated and entrepreneurial nations in the world . With my proposed activity, I intend to bring about innovative developments in this field thereby promoting exchange of technology, ideas to build a strong collaboration between India and Australia in space technology.

Communication between space and earth requires the use of ground stations in remote areas which means regional and remote Australia will have a valuable role in space technology. By working with leading professionals in my proposed specialization area, I would be able to collaborate with research institutions in regional Australia like Western Australia, Tasmania, NSW which has satellite communication operators, commercial, defense and research ground stations. This will definitely promote a greater participation thereby improving the existing network connectivity. Furthermore, economic development and next generation of high value jobs are highly dependent on digital data which makes space crucial part in increasing Australian economy. With the growth in domestic space industry, there will be requirement for people with right skills. This will be a good opportunity to encourage traditionally underrepresented students in STEM to pursue their career in this field. I am confident that with my democratic leadership style, I would be able to make a difference in the number of participation of this group.

@Holt- This is the final essay I'm working on and I am not sure how the prompt expects me to answer for this essay. I have tried to write a rough draft based on my understanding. I'd appreciate if you could provide me with guide questions to follow so that I can better develop this essay. Thank you in advance.
Don't try to cover too much ground with your response. You are throwing in all possible responses in here which is leading you to over reach with your response. Choose to focus your response on only 1 of the given 4 choices. Based on your response, I believe the focus of your essay is on the National Innovation and Science Agenda with a co-relation with increased opportunities for institutions and individuals in regional Australia. This sort of response should be less about space technology and more about satellite communications in relation to remote relay stations as represented by the most obvious carrier, the mobile phone companies.

Your response should indicate how satellite communication and imagery will be able to help the agricultural section of Australian society given that most of Australia is still an outback which means communications still prove to be a challenge in these areas, even though these areas are heavily involved in agricultural undertakings. Your response can be two fold. First, discuss how your proposed activity will help detect early weather patterns that could prove to be problematic for farmers, ranchers, and other sectors of agriculture and second, how your research can develop a more reliable method of communication based on more advanced use of radio waves and soundwaves, in collaboration with the mobile phone companies. The latter could prove to have some sort of military use that you could gloss over in your discussion.

Narrow the discussion field, pick a more specific area to discuss in relation to your project. Choose the proper government priority project by decide which one represents your possible undertaking the best. Be less generic and have a clear direction for your response. This is too vague and filled with under developed discussion points and possible project ideas.

Home / Scholarship / Summarise how the proposed activity aligns with Australian Government priorities