Summarize the ways in which you have engaged in voluntary activities

Adade 1 / 1  

ngo member, poll assistant, teaching mathematics volunteer

I am a member of an NGO, United for Innovation and Development (UFIAD). The organisation focuses on social intervention events and advocates for rural development. I am a leading member of the media and publication team in the organisation. I design posters and flyers for publicity and invitations and also coordinate and supervise the works of other members of the team. I also ensure that all events are well publicised across most social media platforms and the people are well informed. UFIAD has been able to organise several events over the years, the remarkable one is a health promotion where UFIAD adopted my concept and design for the entire programme. Through my poster design we were able to communicate our agenda to the mass and got the expected number for the programme. In the end, the programme was a success and the people who attended it also benefited.

Also, in Ghana's presidential and parliamentary elections in 2016, I volunteered for the post of a Polling Assistant. I was responsible for the issuing of ballot papers for voters on the election day.

Last but not the least, I have contributed to the basic education in my native community (Asokore), where I volunteered to teach mathematics and integrated science at the Junior High School (JHS) level and also, used the opportunity to inspire the students to pursue higher education after their JHS education.
Frank, you need to provide your organizational leadership title when you say that you are a leading member of the team. As a team leader, your designation is very important in highlighting the importance of your participation in the volunteer activities. Your last 2 activities are not as well threshed out as the first so these two activities do not help to increase your volunteer profile. If you were not able to do any notable or have any sort of important designation in these last 2 activities, it would be best to not include a reference to them. Instead, use the strongest volunteer activity that you have. The reviewer is not looking for the number of volunteer activities, he is looking for your notable participation that proves leadership, team work, and problem solving skills on your end.
OP Adade 1 / 1  
Holt, thank you very much, I will look into it and make these changes.

Home / Scholarship / Summarize the ways in which you have engaged in voluntary activities