Support till achieving an ambition is the leadership ...

asmaasalem 3 / 13 4  

a quality that leads others to success

-A leader is a person who can affect positively in the surrounding and make the others believe in themselves to go forward.

-I worked with one of my peers as a team to conduct scientific experiments in faculty laboratories, she was hardworking student, but always was very worried and felt sever tension because there were limited time and many experiments to perform accurately and hand the right results to get the marks. By the end of that semester, we got an excellent degree in the practical part, she said "what made us gain this degree, not only the hard work, but also the confidence and calmness to plan the work, control the situation till the success, which I learnt from you." I was glad that I had a quality that leads the others to success, and the others could learn it.

-While training at a vocational program, containing English language, computer skills, and business skills courses, a graduation project, which included preparing a book and a final presentation in English. I was English class leader, I had to make my classmates, especially men who considered me just a powerless woman, committed the class rule to speak English all the time not the mother language. Through the training period, there were just a few Arabic words, furthermore they performed well and obeyed the rule. They thought what motivated them to do that, was the creativity that makes hard tasks easy ones and break the ice, which their leader pursued it, when she applied the idea of football yellow and red cards when the rule was not followed.

- My project team members felt low confidence as they had problems to express their project related ideas in an academic way which was fierce for them, in a book and speak up at the final presentation. What distinguished me were my computer skills due to getting ICDL and my English academic background because of scientific study in English, therefor I felt my duty to give them a hand in translation, pronunciation, improving our presentation skills via rehearsals and some computer skills. More significantly, I supported them to believe in their abilities to learn and perform the tasks by focusing on the positive attributes and the strength points to create positive attitude. I was proud that I led a big part of that project, motivated and helped my peers to success, albeit I was not the official leader.

These various experiences, situations and other ones uplift the veil upon qualities and skills I have and use them to guide the others like motivation and cooperation which I hope they could help me while leading my society to implement some of Biotechnology applications in order to encounter hard challenges.
afitri 3 / 4 1  
Hello @asmaasalem I think Chevening need more profesional evidence in this Leadership and Influence essay. I don't see that evidence in your essay. Change your leadership experience during your college time to your profesional one.

I hope it can help you and good luck!!!
Asmaa, do not use an outline format for your presentation. All of these prompt require an essay format in its presentation. As Aidell said, this is not the proper essay to be presenting. I am confused as to why you have chosen to focus on your academic leadership and influencing abilities. Is this because you are not performing in a leadership capacity in your current workplace? Or because you are applying for the scholarship even though you are short on meeting the required elements of the program? Either way, the presentation you have chosen to use is not applicable to the prompt requirements. What is your current occupation? Discuss that and then think of an instance when you had to come forward as a leader. What was the situation like? Would you say that your leadership and influencing skills were discovered or first presented at that point? If you feel that is so then relate that story. That may be the best chance you have to write an essay that properly meets the prompt requirements. Don't go with this presentation. It is only good for a college entrance application paper.
FatemahEbrahimi 5 / 11  
Asmaa,
Try to not put the definition of leadership, instead try to express the elements of leadership in yours believes. Your firs two instance are academic, as I have learnt from this website, you should express your professional examples that show your influence and leadership abilities. you just mentioned that you lead your classmates or in the first you got the degree. They are not powerful enough to support you are able to become a leader in the future.
OP asmaasalem 3 / 13 4  
Thanks a lot @afitri, @Holt and Fatemah for your valuable advice...
OP asmaasalem 3 / 13 4  
The positive effect in the surrounding and making the others believe in themselves to go forward is the leadership as I believe.

While working as a chemist at a hospital laboratory, the deficiency of experienced chemists occurred. I was the only old experienced one when a team of new chemists was employed, at that moment I felt I had a big responsibility towards my new colleagues and resuming the work. I was assigned to train and lead the team. I communicated well with my team, trained, assigned tasks, supervised them to fulfill it, exchanged feedback and coordinated the work. I applied self- and other-motivation via focusing on the strength points and positive attributes to get the best out me and them to reach our target and meet the patients' needs. They thought that hard situations passed as their trainer was good listener and director, and also a friendly work environment, created by the team members' sense of humor and the trainer's positive attitude despite of the huge stress of daily tremendous amount of work due to employment travel related analysis.

There was a new chemist of a hospital laboratory team, who I trained her. She suffered from a huge problem in work organization and management particularly under the stress and she felt negative feelings about it. I began to guide her how to manage multitask work, her time and effort through arranging the tasks according the priority to reduce work stress, doing the similar steps simultaneously and following a tidy manner while finishing the task. After a short period, she was estimated as a successful chemist with good performance, she said "what made me performed well, the calmness to plan the work and control the situation till the success, which I learnt from you." I was glad that I had a quality and ability that leads the others to success and the others could learn it.

These various experiences, situations and other ones ...
OP asmaasalem 3 / 13 4  
Please guys, could you check my second version of my leadership essay?

Home / Scholarship / Support till achieving an ambition is the leadership ...