Supporting statement for AusAID Scholarship

stitaga 1 / 2  
How did you choose your proposed course and institution?
As a high school science student, math and physics have always been my favorite subjects, through the help and advice from my uncle, I enrolled into Diploma in Civil Engineering. Into the first year of my programme, I decided on Civil Engineering as my future career. Upon successfully completing of my Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering respectively, led me to believe that I could succeed in the contest of a male dominated career, I would be more than capable of making it in field of engineering. Civil is one of the broadest fields in Engineering. I am currently a student at the University of the South Pacific undergoing Bachelors in Arts majoring in Land Use Planning and Information System. I chose Land Use Planning as it is greatly linked with Civil Engineering in terms of land management, geomatics and land tenure whereas for Information System, using my interest in math and physics together with the interest of having a basic knowledge of technology. I have completed 8 of my 100 level units and 2 of my 200 level units for my programme.

The University of the South Pacific has centers in 12 island countries, offers unique programmes and courses which are design to give a perspective of the Pacific. They offer firsthand experience during field trips, academics come from all around the globe and their different learning styles create a rich, yet enjoyable learning environment. Ranked amongst the top 50 in the Oceania region, they strive towards improving services and encouraging students to achieving high academic results. The institution has awards certificates that are comparable to Australia, New Zealand and the UK. There is also a diversity of cultures. In having to choose between the University of the South Pacific and Fiji National University, I chose, University of the South Pacific, as it is a reputable university amongst the pacific island countries.

My first year at the university has broadened my knowledge and understanding of both land use planning and information system. I now have a basic sound knowledge in land tenures and its principles and geomatics and the beginning stages of information systems in programming, designing and coding of programs. With the completion of my 200 and 300 level units, respectively, extends the knowledge of these studies. Given my experience described above, the program at the University of the South Pacific is an excellent fit for me.

Could anyone please proof read and make changes where neccessary..thank you
OP stitaga 1 / 2  
Yes ...

Could you please advise in ways in which I can better my statement..

thank you so much for your suggestions it has been a great help...
irhame 52 / 50 25  
They offer firsthand experience during field trips, academics come from all around the globe and their different learning styles create a rich people wealthy , yet enjoyable learning environment. Ranked amongst the top 50 (50 what?) in the Oceania region, they strive towards improving services and encouraging students to achievinge high academic results.

In having to choose between the University of the South Pacific and Fiji National University, I chose, University of the South Pacific, as it is a reputable university amongst the pacific island countries.

My first year at the university has broadened my knowledge and understanding of both lands use planning and information system. I now have a basic- sound knowledge in land tenures and its principles and geomatic and the beginning stages of information systems in programming (this sentence there is no verb) , designing and coding of programs.
OP stitaga 1 / 2  
thank you irhame for your suggestions

Home / Scholarship / Supporting statement for AusAID Scholarship