Teaching experience - Chevening Essay - Leadership and Influence

Quizzy 4 / 13  
I am a new member and would greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you in advance.

LEADERSHIP AND INFLUENCING SKILLS
As a teacher, my main task is to teach pupils for them to understand and learn. With this, I believe it is my duty to push young generation forward to be the foundation for future society. With the experience gained from this noble profession, I aim at serving humanity, believing in my students and never quit trying to increase their level of understanding. I urge students not only to increase knowledge but also raise questions about it.

I succeed to create a culture of collective work in the class within their aptitude on the performance of these tasks since I respect individual differences among students. During summer holidays, I organize summer school for weak students so they can be at par with everyone in the class.

As the head of the writing skills department in my school, I managed to make students love to write in cursive and made them understand how that writing skills would always make them outstanding among their peers in higher school. Every student I have handled for the past six years write in cursive which indeed makes them unique among other students from other schools. Pupils have really developed the love for the writing skill which has become a part of them. And they always stand out as far as writing skills is concerned.

Before the introduction of the new curriculum for basic schools in Ghana, a workshop was organized for all teachers of the schools in the district. In the course of the workshop, each school was tasked with a project. We were to demonstrate how we would use the new curriculum in a form of a drama. I was the leader for my group, after giving each teacher their roles; I realized we were behind time. I quickly thought of a plan and inform them orally what they are to say and guided them with what action to come up with rather than giving each cast a script to memorize. When the time came for us to perform, my team was given the loudest of applaud and was adjudged the best of the day. I was really proud of myself as all my team members kept praising me for the real quick intervention I came up with which earned as the medal.

To recapitulate, being a teacher and the experience gained have improved my planning, management, communication, creativity and problem solving skills which will be beneficial for my career now and in the future. I believe that Chevening will give me more valuable experience and priceless opportunity to meet and share insights with influencers internationally to develop my skills and keep me moving forward in my career.
anitastha - / 1  
Over all your writing is nice but you have missed the influencer part and the leadership skills are also not sufficient in my view.
RSQL001 1 / 6  
You could focus more on the the "actions" or "situations" that made you exhibit true leadership skills. Overall it's good.

Home / Scholarship / Teaching experience - Chevening Essay - Leadership and Influence