Tell me how you meet the requirements of leadership

moony stone 2 / 4 1  
Leadership ,this simple word has deep,profound meanings and responsibilities.I have been faced many projects and missions as a leader.Team work cannot be smooth without a proper leadership.My very first leadership was one of university projects in my first year.It was surveying and copying benchmark from Mandalay hill to our university.We walked about 25 miles while carrying survey tools and other stuffs.

It was on a very sunny day and I still remember that the temperature on that day was extremely high.All the members were really upset of carrying stuffs and walking under the hot sun.It was a hard situation for me to collect their mind and motivate them.Optimism is a leader must have skill.I tried to be optimistic and lead them to that situation of positivity.Small jokes,collaboration with them,sharing positive vision on the situation and emphasizing our actions lead us to our goal.My team reached the university in time under my lead.I considered leadership is not ordering,it is responsibilities, collaboration,applying strategies and the most important fact is that understanding people's mind.I got a point from this project,we cannot make people follow us by force.We are gonna show them what we can do for the team,how can we lead them and how can we participate as a leader in team.

I also volunteered at a poor child educating program.There are many kinds of leadership,so we should not be stubborn about the methods.As a teacher in this program I lead not only children but also junior volunteers.It is very difficult to lead self orientation people .I tried to persuade them in many ways,balanced and improved relationship with them also.Discussion and negotiation became the indirect leadership here.I faced many arguments and disagreements.Leaders should not close their perspective on situation.I never consider only my opinions are right.I encouraged them to open to me and we always discussed about the issue we faced,changed the problems into possibilities.

After graduate,as a young leader in my work(I work as a site engineer),I lead many general labours in site.All of them are skillful worker and much more experience in constructive works than me.They all can do their duty well but they need to be managed and arranged the duties.That is my responsibilities absolutely.Because they are older than me,it is hard for them to treat me like a leader.I learned about civil engineering but the school didn't teach me to understand workers' mind.It was hard for me to influence them.I cannot collaborate with them,also cannot share their vision in managing the site because of education gap.But I tried to be a good listener for them.Always open and welcome their advices and it is useful mostly.In my opinion,being a leader is hard but it is harder to influence people.A leader cannot make pointing order only.He is going to show his actions and way himself enthusiastically.Understanding people mind first and plan the strategies which can suit with them. They will inspire our actions first and then they will follow our ideas.That's called true leadership and influencing.
Thaw, have you considered strengthening your general discussions about your leadership abilities by offering up examples of specific situations that your leadership and influencing abilities helped to resolve? You have mentioned such impressive character traits and ideas regarding leadership and influencing style that your generalized experience leaves the reader wanting to read more in order to validate your claims.

For example, you must always mention the organizations you worked for because all of your claims regarding your performance will be cross referenced and validated by the reviewer before actually believing in what you wrote. Therefore, not mentioning the specific volunteer organization and construction firm you are connected with automatically weakens the essay. While I am not saying that it will happen, there is a chance that the reviewer have some doubts about your claims. Being specific about your experiences, in terms of when and where they happened always helps to give a better impression of you within the narrative.

Next, the high school experience is too infantile an experience for the reviewer of this scholarship. Always remember that you are applying alongside increasingly more qualified applicants than yourself. In order to compete, always keep your explanations and experience within the professional level. That is because the reviewer will be looking for actual leadership and influencing skills as you perform your tasks in the workplace as a professional and not on the academic side as a student. You are applying for a masters degree scholarship so you should have more impressive professional than academic skills by now.

Let's close on a specific note. The most usable parts of this essay are the paragraphs related to your volunteering and the job you do at the construction firm. Highlight those two and concentrate on presenting all the required information based upon your experiences there. Your essay will stand out for sure.
OP moony stone 2 / 4 1  
Dear Holt,

Thank you in advanece for your specific comment.
Because of word limitation,I can't add more about my high school experience.If you won't mind please kindly advice me which part should I drop.

And ofcourse,I will add detail about construction firm and volunteer job.
Thank alot.
Thaw, you can actually have more word count available if you decide to remove the reference to the college leadership role that you played. The paragraph is quite vague anyway and does not really portray your leadership role in an important, character building light. As for the influencing discussion, you can better refer to that using the work you did as a volunteer at the organization.

So, there are two aspects of this essay that you can improve upon, the influencing role should be highlighted, along with the indirect leadership, within your activities at the organization (remember to give the organization name in the essay). Then, expand upon your professional leadership skills as best as you can.

I can almost see how the revision of this essay should look. Unfortunately, I can't do it for you because I don't have the complete facts. What I have in mind is only based upon the existing information. So I am really excited to read what you can come up with in the revised essay.
OP moony stone 2 / 4 1  

I edit a little to my essay and here it is.

Leadership ,this simple word has deep,profound meanings and responsibilities.Being called as a leader is not just taking the name ,it is also taking the responsibilities.I have been faced many projects and missions as a leader and I found out that the problems solving skill,motivation skill,strategic planning skill are the main points the leader needed to have.At my early age of primary school,I played many games at school that support teamwork.Team work cannot be smooth without a proper leadership.Even at that age,I understood that point.A good leader lead the team to achievements.

During my middle school days,I was so motivated in projects and charity events that were held by school.I was starting to know the feeling of accomplishing goals under my lead.It is so amazing and I served as class monitor,project leader,cleanline supervisor of the class and took many responsibilities as a small leader.These small achievements gave me many experiences of leading people and understanding them.After I finished my high school,I attend my first year in Technological University Mandalay.Because I experienced many projects as a leader,I know how to influence people,how to listen to them and how to consider their suggestions.As a leader of my university projects,I could have solved many problems and took them to the "Goal".And I successfully held the small group of consulting for high school students about their problems,their dilemma of which major to choose and many other.It was a non profit small group and I am still proud of what I have done for them.

I also volunteered at a poor child educating program of "Pan Pyoe Latt" organization.There are many kinds of leadership,so we should not be stubborn about the methods.As a teacher in this program I lead not only children but also junior volunteers.It is very difficult to lead self orientation people .I tried to persuade them in many ways,balanced and improved relationship with them also.Discussion and negotiation became the indirect leadership here.I faced many arguments and disagreements.Leaders should not close their perspective on situation.I never consider only my opinions are right.I encouraged them to open to me and we always discussed about the issue we faced,changed the problems into possibilities.I always mind like our mission is to educate the children not to fight about our courses,we can always deal about it.

After graduate,as a young leader in my work(I work as a site engineer at U Min Min Oo construction),I lead many labours in site.All of them are skillful worker and much more experience in construction field than me.They all can do their duty well but they need to be managed and arranged the duties.That is my responsibilities absolutely.Because they are older than me,it is hard for them to treat me like a leader.I learned about civil engineering but the school didn't teach me to understand their mind.It was hard for me to influence them.I cannot collaborate with them,also cannot share their vision in managing the site because of education gap.But I tried to be a good listener for them.Always open and welcome their advices and it is useful mostly.In my opinion,being a leader is hard but it is harder to influence people.A leader cannot make pointing order only.He is going to show his actions and way himself enthusiastically.Understanding people mind first and plan the strategies which can suit with them. They will inspire our actions first and then they will follow our ideas.That's called true leadership and influencing.

Home / Scholarship / Tell me how you meet the requirements of leadership