Tell us why you selected New Zealand as a place to study?

Leo552 2 / 2  

world-class education

I have to admit that New Zealand is the ideal country for my further study because of its world-class education. With advice from respectful professors, I thankfully happened to know that students can experience quality education there since its education system has much similarities with British education model.

I have always been willing to continue my further study at an internationally-recognized university. Although it is true that universities in US, UK and EU countries are of higher ranking, there is far too competition to get admission and demands higher level of entry requirements. However, New Zealand universities are internationally recognized and at the same time I can anticipate higher chance of getting acceptance with less competitiveness.

New Zealand itself is one of the leading countries in renewable energy, and the most proportion of electricity comes from renewable energy sources. That is why New Zealand is the great place to do my master's degree on energy. And I can have a chance to learn from top researchers at University of Auckland.

Another reason that I am excited about studying in New Zealand is that I could explore indigenous Maori culture which is unique. In addition, I am sure that picturesque landscape and incredible scenery will definitely make my time worthwhile and fascinating. With all those reasons, New Zealand is the right place to finish my master's degree.
Your first two paragraphs will end your application process. Never tell the reviewer that their educational system is only comparable to another country's. Never tell the reviewer that there is too much competition to study in the UK so you settled for New Zealand. No country ever wants to be second best. Those first 2 reasons for your desire to study in NZ will be enough to make the reviewer put your application in the reject pile. It will be in your best interest to not proceed with using this essay. Write a new one. An essay that will excite the reviewer because of your obvious desire to study at the best university in the world, in the country that leads in the study of your specific course. Don't make the essay sound like you are just settling for studies in NZ. Make it appear that NZ is your first and only choice.

Home / Scholarship / Tell us why you selected New Zealand as a place to study?