I have always thought of myself as great influencer since I was young. Chevening question

m_a123 1 / -  

Leadership and Influence

Kindly have a look on my leadership essay
appreciate you quick feedback to submit the application tom.

I have always thought of myself as great influencer since I was young. Growing up as a child, I used to have a lot of influence on my peers. I would always be the one to give direction to the kind of activities that we were to undertake. Not that I was a bully or something, but I commanded a significant following, and my decision would ultimately be taken as the ruling of the whole group. I was always at the forefront when we were playing different games. I must admit that it felt terrific knowing that whatever you decide would be unanimously taken to be the decision of the 'squad.' However, I never knew that this was leadership in action until I became much older and started putting the pieces together.

My journey as a leader in employment began when I was asked by the OM of my account at XXXX to be in charge of the metric on our site. The task was temporary so as to overcome the poor performance posted over the last three months. These poor ratings could have adversely affected the continuity of the account in XXsite. After conducting a group of coaching sessions, shadowing and monitoring the customer service representatives' performance, I succeeded in improving our performance from 48% to about 80%. This allowed us to be the number one site in the region. Maintaining our performance over the following six months enabled us to expand the number of customer service reps that we had on the site. These were my first steps as a leader in a working environment.

Six months later, after this short task, I was promoted to work as an acting mentor and a team leader. During this period, I was in charge of 30 members. I was also responsible for their schedules, coaching, and improving their performance to attain the required metrics. Besides, I used to coach the recruits joining the company and guide them during their probation period.

Although my leadership position has changed in the last three years due to changing job occupations, I proudly state that my role as a leader has not changed. Throughout the previous year, I was involved in the process of coaching and providing job training for those who have recently been recruited in my department to transfer the required working skills and the experience they need to perform their tasks appropriately. My type of leadership can be categorized as the transformational type where I inspire my subjects to become better by leading from the front. Also, I believe in democracy and the contribution of every worker assigned to my department. Furthermore, inclusivity in decision making is one of the philosophies that I subscribe to. I am an excellent influencer and if given the opportunity to serve as a leader in my country, I will bring the best out of the people I will be leading.
Sleem Mohamed 2 / 7  
Allow me to comment on your essay. Hope it would help. I couldn't find any leadership rule or any kind of problem that you solved as a team leader. I didn't get the point you want to refer to from your essay. I think you need to revise it,focus on a certain problem and how did you solve it as a team leader. The last paragraph could be used as an example of influential skill but it needs to be improved.
MohA, focus on the statement that you made for your revision. What exactly do you mean by "leading from the front"? Offer examples of how this worked with your team. Make sure to highlight how you were able to influence the team due to your "leadership from the front". Offer solid examples of your leadership in action and what accomplishments were attained due to your influence on the team. When you speak of the influence part, make sure to give example of the troubles present that you had to help the team overcome as the leader, through inspirational talk or actions, which in turn. lifted the team towards success. Remove the reference to your child leadership in this essay and focus only on the present state of your work leadership and influencing attainments. If you can discuss experiences no older than 2 years ago, that would make for a more impressive presentation to the reviewer rather than these old disjointed references that you are making. There are no real exemplifications involved, which is why the essay doesn't really work. You just keep implying things but you never show it. Chevening is all about the "showing" part. So make sure that you do that in your essay.

Home / Scholarship / I have always thought of myself as great influencer since I was young. Chevening question