The three courses that will led me forward as a professional - Studying in the UK Question

gmeigo9 6 / 20 2  
Hi. Please comment on my essay to improve it.

Studying in the UK Question

For a Bachelor in Physics like me, UK It is a dream land considered the cradle of the Industrial Revolution where many renowned physicians studied and/or worked. Besides that, the UK postgraduate programs are shorter than in many countries, which means more challenge, intensity and a minimum time away from home what is good because I will start soon to implement what I will learn.

Geophysics course from University of Aberdeen sited in an affordable city for students is my first choice for the scholarship. My geophysics theoretical background acquired in Introduction to Geophysics optional class in which my bachelor work was related gave me a start point to this course taught by experienced equips that provide modern theory and practice knowledge to students. In addition, the course use core analyses and well logs to monitor reservoirs, something I always wanted to learn. My journey as a geophysicist taught me to be proactive and take initiative on personal and professional development what is good because this course will entail a lot from these skills. After the course completion, I will make quantitative analyses and interpretation of geophysical data, develop my professional career in natural resources survey, environmental assessment and research.

The second choice is Exploration Geophysics course from University of Leeds. This course is computer-intensive what is good for me because I have IT bases and when I was making my Bachelor I had experience with Linux, MATLAB, JAVA and FORTRAN. The course is what I was searching for my career because it will give me resources to study Earth interior analysing geophysical methods very focused in both theory and practice. Using the knowledge and acquired experience in the course I will analyse and develop geophysical software, modelling, processing and making interpretation of geophysical data increasing my chances to secure a job in the government and/or private company.

Lastly but not less important is Structural Geology with Geophysics, a course also from University of Leeds that will prepare me to apply geophysical measurements to solve geological problems. Fundamentals in Mathematics, in seismic and adventurous spirit developed travelling in all provinces of Mozambique are part of my background to pursue this course. One of the skills most required by hydrocarbon and mining industry is to understand seismic interpretation, structural evolution and geological contexts, geological model construction which means that I will be qualified because this course cover these areas with high quality.

All three courses receive visits from industry representative providing networking and development occasions through meetings, case studies and other. As a geophysicist with hands-on experience in electrical resistivity methods, I want to develop skills in other geophysical methods and these three courses will wide my perspectives and give me bases to cooperate with the government in challenging situations allowing me to continue to grow and contribute for prosperity of the country as a geophysicist.
Walter, your first paragraph is unnecessary. That slot is normally reserved for your academic summary in relation to your college major. The second paragraph, is focused on an overview of your current profession and the skills that you feel you need to develop in order to do a better job. Your last paragraph shows a clear objective for your studies so I would leave that intact as of now. Your body paragraphs are strong and indicative of a person who has considered his potential future careers. You show that you are read to excel, regardless of which masters course you are approved to study. Although, that should not be a worry because you are normally expected to enroll in your first course choice and university when you are granted a scholarship slot. Work on an academic and professional presentation that will allow you to further enhance an already good essay presentation.

Home / Scholarship / The three courses that will led me forward as a professional - Studying in the UK Question