Three MSc courses for wildlife conservation. Why do I have chosen them?

rodrigolivbr 4 / 7 1  
Hey guys! This is my draft for the essay about the three courses i have chosen for the Chevening applycation. I'd like to count on you to proofread it for me. I'm not an english native speaker, so it is probably full of grammar and spelling mistakes, and poor in vocabulary. Do you guys think i managed to answer the prompt bellow?

Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses, explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future (minimum word count: 100 words, maximum word count: 500 words).

biodiversity conservation programs in brazil

"Designing and coordinating effective biodiversity conservation programs is one of the critical challenges our society is currently facing. As a conservation biologist, I have chosen three MSc courses that directly link my professional and academic background with my desire to create new strategies and improve the ongoing environmental policies in Brazil.

The Nottingham Trent University has been carrying out high impact research, as endorsed by the Research Excellence Framework. Its collaboration with several research councils for the development of species reintroduction strategies, such as the International Union for Conservation of Nature, will allow me to build a strong network with institutions engaged on biodiversity conservation.

In order to carry out postgraduate research, I plan to join the School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences, undertaking the MSc course "Endangered Species Recovery and Conservation". I am especially interested in areas such as behavioural enhancement and species recovery, in which research have been carried out by the Animal, Equine and Veterinary Nursing academic team.

As my second choice, the MSc in Wild Animal Biology course designed by the Royal Veterinary College with the Zoological Society of London is perfectly aligned with my profound interest in conservation biology. This course focus on health management of captive and free-living wild animals, which represents a bridge between my experience as a biologist and the veterinarian perspective for conservation techniques.

The University of London multidisciplinary environment will broaden my understandings on wildlife management. In addition, London's multiculturalism will allow me to experience an inclusive atmosphere and enhance my abilities to understand people.

My experience as the head biologist at the wildlife project I work for showed me that basic competences in veterinary techniques, as well as a systematic understanding of wild animal conservation, epidemiology, diagnosis and control of diseases are critical for wildlife conservation. These abilities are all present in the course module.

Synthesizing the knowledge provided by this course with my experience in wild animal management will qualify me to carry out my PhD studies in biodiversity conservation and run import wildlife programs in Brazil.

The School of Science and the Environment of the Manchester Metropolitan University is my third choice. It has strong research links with South America, where Dr Alexander Lee have been carrying out studies in the Brazilian Amazon.

Since birds are the biggest victims of animal trafficking in Brazil and the most frequent taxon in the wild animal release project I work for, and several endemic species, such as the blue macaw (Cyanopsitta spixii) and the glaucous macaw (Anodorhynchus glaucus) are critically endangered, I intend to devote even more to the conservation of this group.

The MSc in Bird Conservation is, overall, an opportunity to experience ongoing international research projects in Tanzania, Kenya, the Philippines, Mauritius and Madeira, and will provide me with all the necessary skills for the implement of programs in wildlife conservation. This is an essential step towards my desired PhD, and it will allow me to contribute to the improvement of the Brazilian policies for biodiversity conservation".

Thank you very much!
Rodrigo, it is 3 courses in one university or 3 courses in 3 universities. You cannot present 3 universities and 4 courses. You have to remove one of the courses from the first university choice or, remove one university and course from your choice of 4. Don't misunderstand the prompt. It is 3 universities and 3 courses or one university and 3 courses. So that means, since you picked 2 courses in one university, that you only have room for one more university and course choice.

Your essay is not properly formatted as there is no reference to your academic and professional foundation for the given programs, per university. Aside from that, you also need to present an explanation as to how each course can be applied to the future of your career. Therefore, major editing needs to be done on your essay based upon the excess course presentation and lacking skills discussion per course choice.

Home / Scholarship / Three MSc courses for wildlife conservation. Why do I have chosen them?