It took me to realize that it is people that I want to be an expert at. Chevening 5 year career plan

Summertime 3 / 4 2  
I had to add the word (details) in some places cause I don't have the right to publicly share this information, hope it won't hinder you, thanks.

Several years back, whenever I was asked "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", the most sincere answer I could think of was that I see myself as an expert at something, the best, the one to consult when it comes to that matter. I always knew I wanted to be the best, however, back then, I didn't really have a sense of direction. Then, a few months ago, I did my first natural field experiment on ( details), assessing the effect of (details). It took me (details) to realize that it is people that I want to be an expert at!

Immediately upon finishing the program, I plan to resume both my academic and professional careers, employing the new set of skills I developed.

As an economic researcher in (details), I plan to always add a behavioural perspective to my analysis in relevant topics. For example, studying the effect of information asymmetry, bubbles, and speculation on Forex markets; studying the possibility of developing micro-finance structures that would help promoting the creation of micro and small enterprises; studying the relation between political trust and financial stability, among others.

As a part-time teaching assistant at ((details)), I plan to initiate an extracurricular activity, modelling the role of the (Behavioural Insights Team in the UK). This model would serve in introducing undergraduate Economics students to Behavioural science and its role in testing and possibly shaping government policies. Besides I plan to lobby for and help in introducing an Experimental Economics course to the modules offered in the under or postgraduate levels.

Moreover, I plan to work on initiating a business in the field of corporate training, depending on my network as a former employee in (details), and (details), and a current employee in (details). I aim at developing and delivering professional courses on topics like decision making, strategic planning, and influencing people, all through applying an experimental methodology in delivery. Doing so, I wouldn't be only benefiting from a prominent career, but I will also benefit from the access to corporate employees as an intriguing subject pool for my experiments.

In 3 to 5 years I plan to pursue my PhD, extending my academic career to being a full time lecturer in one of the (details) Universities. In addition, on the long run, I plan to resume my endeavors as a researcher and a consultant. My long term career plan is to fulfil my 19 year old vision of being an expert at people, the Homo-Reciprocans! I want to quantify what truly incentivises them, their cognitive biases, their far from rational decision making mechanisms, their, selfless/selfish tendencies. I want to deliver these insights to help in shaping government policies and international relations in my country, accounting for our cultural specificity.
Samar, though the fill in the blanks makes it a bit hard to maintain the flow of thought in the essay, I get where you are coming from. I was surprised to read your essay and then discover that the plans you have outlined are not even part of your 3-5 year career plan. So exactly how long are we talking about in the enactment of your aforementioned plans? Normally, the career plan that you present should cover at least 5 years. Since that is not the case with your response are we talking a matter of months here? Try to quantify your response so that the reviewer will have a clear idea as to the length of time that you will be able to use the knowledge you will be getting over the course of one year. Your plans for higher studies don't really need to be mentioned here since that will require a different scholarship grant for you to achieve. So just stick to the immediate 5 year plan of action in relation to your chosen course.
OP Summertime 3 / 4 2  
Thank you. I will divide my plans on a frame of 5 years.

Home / Scholarship / It took me to realize that it is people that I want to be an expert at. Chevening 5 year career plan