'transformed into a great actress' - your talents and what you learned about yourself

iswearsnape 1 / -  
At age 7, I was introduced to acting via Destination Imagination where small teams work together to solve a problem and perform a skit to suggest a solution. For the 4 years I participated, we went all the way to Global Finals in TN twice& I loved every second of it. Ever since, I've wanted to become an actress. To achieve my dream, I took Theater Arts as my elective & thought it would be effortless, but I was wrong. My first 2 years of middle school, I tried out for each play & only in 7th grade, I got a part. At first, I was distraught that I only had 3 lines but then I used those lines to the best of my ability & loved it. My hard work paid off because this year, I got a major parts Cinderella's evil step sister. The blinding lights, the roar of laughter from the crowd, &the unmistakable rush of adrenaline from being on the stage are all things I loved. On stage, I transformed into my character &made the audience believe that I was actually an evil, flirtatious, crazy girl who loved tormenting her step sister. I got compliments about how I was funny & and a great actress. My hard work paid off when I saw the crowd smile and laugh as well as my cast members' prideful faces. Looking back on how upset I was when I didn't make the plays, I learned that just because you feel that you excel at something, doesn't mean you do. Not only does it take talent but hard work &dedication to get where you want to go. Getting rejected from the plays only made me want to work harder &that was an important lesson for me to learn.

It can only be 1500 characters and it's 15,42. I need to find things to cut and if you could just give your feedback, that would be ideal. It's to gain admittance into a private highschool. Thanks.
Here's some help to cut down word count;

At age 7, I was introduced to acting via Destination Imagination where small teams work together to solve a problem and perform a skit to suggest a solution.

My suggestion;
At seven, I was introduced to acting via Destination Imagination that engaged small teams working together solving problems. These solutions were presented by performing a skit .

My hard work paid off because this year, I got a major parts Cinderella's evil step sister.

My hard work paid off me this year with the opportunity to play a major role as Cinderella's evil step sister.

The blinding lights, the roar of laughter from the crowd, &the unmistakable rush of adrenaline from being on the stage are all things I loved.

Blinding lights, laughter, applause and the feel of such adrenaline rush on the stage are simply my favorite moments.

Home / Scholarship / 'transformed into a great actress' - your talents and what you learned about yourself