Trust, honesty, hard work - CHEVENING NETWORKING ESSAY

danielsaps 1 / -  

the network I have built

Networking is the act of meeting people to develop a long lasting relationship in order to leverage results. One of the strongest network I have built and still growing happened in the year 2015.

I went to a hospital to have a medical check-up and I was asked to go to the accounts office to do the payment, when I entered I met Mr. joseph the accountant during the conversation I told him I am a graphic designer and I want to design a complementary card for him, he gave me his details. Three days after, I brought him the cards as a gift and he was very happy. Not knowing he was a pastor as well he later introduced me to his church members and I can say for the fact that I now have twenty five clients including him that I am working with currently and is still growing, because I got linked up with other people outside the church through the church members as well. We have built the relationship to the extent that there is now trust and confidence in my services. This relationship happened because I took the opportunity to first introduced my service to him, but didn't waited for him to ask, and I am able to sustain this relationship up to now through trust, honesty, quality of service and effective communication. Even now I am no more in the same city with them but we are still working together very effectively.

Secondly, I have been organizing voluntary classes for High School students in my community since 2015. Through this I got to know a lot of parents and community leaders. Because of my hard work and dedication and how I got link up with the parents, a proprietor of Vicande School allowed my kid brother to attend his school free of charge. According to him, I have helped his daughter to pass her final exams successfully.

I have learnt that with trust, honesty and hard work we can build a long lasting relationship. With this skills and experiences I hope to bring all the chevening alumni especially in Ghana on board to tackle the unemployment issues in the country.

Even with this small opportunity I was able to leverage result, as a chevening awardee it would be like the whole world in my hand.
Daniel, the requirement for the Chevening Networking essay is as follows:

Chevening is looking for individuals with strong networking skills, who will engage with the Chevening community and influence and lead others in their chosen profession. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your networking skills, and outline how you hope to use these skills in the future.

Based upon the above requirements, it should be obvious to you that the essay that you wrote and the reference to networking within it does not qualify under the required guidelines. Though you wrote a networking essay, it is not professional enough, not complex enough, and not noteworthy enough to be considered as a competitive networking reference for your scholarship application. It is too localized in reference and does not offer any opportunity for sharing it in an effective manner within the Chevening community. This is an essay about job networking on a personal basis that resulted in a personal rather professional gratification.

This is a short sighted networking essay that cannot go beyond your profession as a local / community based graphic artist. You need a network that is somehow presented on a national scale through your attendance of relevant seminars and events where you developed an impressive, usable, and noteworthy network of business related contacts who can help the Chevening community in some way.

You must review the other samples of networking essays available at this forum. Compare your network to theirs and you will see where your network falls severely short of requirements and competitiveness. It is imperative that you develop a far more impressive and Chevening community usable network for your application presentation. As of now, this particular networking essay will definitely be useless to your application as it cannot impress the reviewer who will be reading about far more complex and useful networks from other applicants.

Home / Scholarship / Trust, honesty, hard work - CHEVENING NETWORKING ESSAY