The UGRAD /global undergraduate exchange program's essay/ - What is you leadership style?

KHLili 1 / 1  
Hello!
While I'm writing my essays I found this site. It's really useful for students, thank you very much.
I am sending my application to The UGRAD. Please could you review my essay and write your opinion on this one. Thank you very much.

Question:

Everyone's approach to leadership is different.

How would you describe your personal leadership style? What values do you consider the most important when leading others? How do you inspire and influence others to get behind your vision?

We think like a leader is a special person, he or she is not a normal one, the untouchable individual, etc. But approaching leadership, being a leader is not far as approaching the sun. Helping others, finding answers to questions, being part of the communication is the leadership.

I never thought my "leadership style" is like the new generation's leadership style. Even though Mongolia is not a Commonwealth country, I applied "Commonwealth100 with British Council Bangladesh: Open Source Leadership" to know about leadership since I didn't know about who is a leader. Open Source Leadership helps new generations to find their leadership style. Before enrolling in this program I knew helping social, praising, and understanding them is the best to achieve our goal.

Everyone's raised environment, opinion, experience is different. When I had to lead my team, I didn't take other members' opinions and thought like they were wrong. Even I argued with one of them. Our project was stopped because we couldn't find a way to communicate with each other. At that moment I knew that my members weren't wrong, there is no way a wrong opinion or point of view. If we want to solve that problem or achieve them, we have to communicate and understand each other's differences. That's the most important one for leaders.

According to a study by the Institute of Leadership and Management, over 1000 employees were asked what will be one thing that would motivate them to do more and 31% of them said "compliment". I am one of them. If I do some task and one of my colleagues praises me, my motivation to do that task or do other things increased. I felt praise is the important one to motivate others, so I do that often. Even though they did mistakes I appreciated them for starting or doing their best. Always telling them good things will guide them in a good way.

Leaders are the changemakers for their environment or country. They didn't stop helping others. They - the new generation believe, helping each other and cooperating is leadership. In complex problems, situations are needing us to be quick, collaborative, inclusive. When I was in middle school, I do everything in my teamwork. I didn't cooperate with anyone, because I couldn't express myself and tried to help them to understand. I realized that the leader is not the one who does all or tells their jobs and does nothing. Leaders should help their colleagues to achieve their goals.

My leading style is different from other generations but alike to my generation. We may live in other environments or talk unrelated languages. But our problem to solve is one and related to each one. In that situations, young leaders should communicate, learn from elders and colleagues and teach for socials. My and Z generations' leadership is helping, being part of social, finding solutions for complex questions, and loving.
Your opening paragraph is really unnecessary in this essay. You do not need to show a deep insight into leadership and its considerations. You merely need to open with your idea of leadership. Save the division of focus and go directly to your applicable response instead. The creative opening is nice but will not be appreciated by the reviewer who has a limited amount of time to finish reading your response. Go directly to paragraph 2 instead.

Unfortunately, the essay focuses on leadership, but not a leadership style as indicated in the prompt. Before you can answer the rest of the prompt questions, which you somehow missed out on doing in this version, you first need to explain how you lead. Leadership styles include, but are not limited to coaching, visionary, affiliative, democratic, or pace setting, to name but a few of the numerous leadership styles that are used both in business and diplomatic affairs. Do more research. Look up various leadership styles online, these normally come with definitions that can help you assess what kind of leader you are. Then you will be able to properly respond to the first question, leading to more appropriate responses for the rest of the questions since those responses will be based on the way you apply your leadership style.
OP KHLili 1 / 1  
Thank you very much for responded. I will take your review and upgrade my essay. Thank you very much and best regards to you.

Home / Scholarship / The UGRAD /global undergraduate exchange program's essay/ - What is you leadership style?