As undergraduate, I was part of many scientific and non-scientific. Networking question - Chevening

Mazenjamalsalah 2 / 5  
Applying for the Chevening Schoolarship and would really appreciate you help with my answer to the question.

Networking in the dna

As undergraduate, I was part of many scientific and non-scientific activities. I was member of one the most prestigious student activities across Cairo universities; SCOPS "Student conference of pharmaceutical studies". I started as member in sales and marketing workshop for one year, worked with three different teams each consist of 10 student from different ages and backgrounds. Year after, I was nominated to be a moderator for the whole programme. Mentoring and coaching 100 member through an interactive learning module.

As a senior student, I was assigned to be the head of organizing committee of the college student union. We organized "The Student Conference of Pharmaceutical Studies 7th Employment Fair" that took part at the faculty of pharmacy at Ain Shams University. Such experience not only gave me the chance to interact with the whole organizing team members from public relation team to event planning team but also allowed me to interact with multinational pharmaceutical/non-pharmaceuticals companies' representatives in order to convince them to sponsor our mega event.

After graduation, I was prestigiously rewarded to be member of student union advisory board. I kept being on close touch to the union. Being part of "Welcome and Orientation event" for the newcomers allowed me to interact with almost hundreds of students every year. Advising undergraduate student and offer continuous guidance on how they should utilize their capabilities and select the best fitting major and career goals according to their aspiration and traits.

After my graduation, I was part of many internships and training programmes, a thing that made me adaptable to different working conditions and have a diverse background.

As an employee in big corporate, Networking is something that should be impeded in your DNA. My first job as medical delegate was based on communication visiting physicians detailing medical information about our nutritional products and follow up with all types of health care professionals (Key opinion leaders, nutritionists and pharmacists) to gather feedback and question regarding their experience with company products.

After I got promoted early this year to be part of the brand team, interacting almost with every supporting function in my company was an experience that added a lot to me.

My volunteering work as educational tutor in 57357 "Children's Cancer Hospital" is an experience that gives me the chance to change the lives of these future leaders and to motivate them to find their passion and keep fighting for it as they did against their sickness, As I believe that the potential lies inside each child and the real challenge is to uncover this potential and encourage the child's talent and self-esteem.

All the skills I gain throughout my career and my volunteering experience make me surer that I am capable of being a determined and passionate person and a successful employee and entrepreneur.
Mazen, this essay must focus only on your ability to develop a professional network. So the first half and the last half of the essay should be deleted. The problem, is that I do not see any evidence of a properly developed exterior but profession related network in this essay. The part of this essay that you need to develop is the presentation about your being an employee in a big corporation. However, the current information presented needs to be developed further. As a medical representative, how did you create your network of physicians and how has this network helped your career? Can you think of an instance when a member of this network was vital in the completion of your work task? That is how you should frame this essay. You need to connect at least 2 non-office related networks in the pursuit of your profession. After that, explain how you plan to make this network an integral part of the already existing Chevening network. That is how you create a better representation of the network in a manner that considers the Chevening inclusion in your private network.

Home / Scholarship / As undergraduate, I was part of many scientific and non-scientific. Networking question - Chevening