Home / Scholarship   % width NEW!

UK University Selection and Post Career Plan. Chevening Scholarship Four Questions Essay

arahmancsd 2 / 2 1  
Dear Friends,

Following my first post, I here posted the remaining two last questions.

In 1st question, according to chevening, I have to select three different courses and provide the reason for selecting those three courses.

1. Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses, and explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future.

*Please do not duplicate the information you have entered on the work experience and education section of this form (minimum word count: 50 words, maximum word count: 500 words)

I am applying because of my need for focused graduate level studies in order to take next steps in achieving my ambitions, professional goals and career plans. I believe that equipped with such wonderful master's degree and my practical experience, I will be able to contribute a great deal to the theory and practice of business growth, employment, reform and change management.

I understand that organizational reform and change management would be key element for the next 10 years embraced by both government and private sectors in my country, therefore, as a member of ICT reform and change management in MRRD, MSc in ICT change management will help me to accomplish my profession in several vital ways. Firstly, this course will develop the skills to interpret organizational problems and deal with them in an appropriate manner taking into account the specifics of any particular organizational context. Next, it would create opportunities for the development of best practices which will lead into implementation of corrective measures in any project. Lastly, it will allow me to formulate policies and procedures well-tailored that would mitigate and remedy human-centered risks.

With having bachelor in computer science and more than 7 years of work experience with national and international organizations in the field of ICT, I fully understand the need for information system in this technology driven world that can change the structure and processes of business. Hence, MSc in Information Systems Management, would give me a grounding in management practices and developing my skills, so that I can play a key role in the design, implementation and development of information system in my country. Also, it will give me advanced understanding of business analysis, strategic alignment, the management of ICT in global environment and change management within technological context. Thus, helping me on the implementation of new tools and technologies that could accelerate economic progress and productivity, fight corruption, and digitize most old and legacy paper based systems in my country.

I believe that even a small thing can bring important changes into people's lives. Hence, since 2009 I have been involved in investment and business growth in my country through numerous means which created few job opportunities for my countrymen and countrywomen. Firstly, through establishing and voice chairing plus technologies (software private firm) for three years, secondly investing more than $40,000 on import and export regional business among Pakistan, Afghanistan and Tajikistan and lastly developing various mobile applications for windows platform which has been downloaded more than 100,000 times in a single year. However, I strive to understand and expertise on how to combine business acumen and financial investment with real innovation to create more and more opportunities for afghan youth. MSc in Entrepreneurship and Management would give me insights on how to put my ideas into action through which I would create more opportunities, develop personal relationship, and help boost business in Afghanistan.

I am committed to gain knowledge and serve Afghanistan through creating opportunities that boost business growth and employment opportunity.

2. Chevening is looking for individuals who have a clear post-study career plan. Outline your immediate plans upon returning home and your longer term career goals, considering how these relate to UK priorities in your country.

* UK priority areas can be found on your country page of the Chevening website
(minimum word count: 50 words, maximum word count: 500 words)

I am one of those Afghans that would like to take part in development of my country and contribute to the extend level. Upon completion, I will return to Afghanistan to apply insights, knowledge and experience gained from the MSc degree.

In Afghanistan, conflict has brought poverty, corruption and parallel government structures which in turn resulted in conflict and insecurity. This cycle requires to be broken through conceptually-grounded and scientific approach, the type of approach offered by the MSc program I have chosen. Upon graduation, I will resume working with Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development on key strategic issues. Firstly, formulate policies and procedures to bring reform and change management removing parallel programs well-tailored that mitigate and remedy human-centered risks. Next, lead and implement mobile driven technology in MRRD that could raise public awareness, ease project monitoring, accelerate project implementation, boost economy, mitigate corruption and empower local governance. Lastly, lead the design and implementation of CASA 1000, power transmission from Central Asia to South Asia, information system worth of $40 million in MRRD. This would improve transparency through proper audit and control system helping in development of communities involved in the project.

Knowledge that is kept and not shared with others is useless, therefore I am establishing capacity development center, my prime and long term goal, to transfer my knowledge to thousands of Afghans who are looking to have quality education and be the future leaders. The institution would focus on providing quality education to build business men and business women and entrepreneurs which would help in creating small, medium and enterprise businesses that would boost commerce and economic growth and create employment opportunities to thousands of Afghans. Moreover, it would bring strategic experts, motivated youth, national and international graduates to carry out research projects that would alleviate poverty and help in development of Afghanistan. In addition, it will help connect different societies including government, international community, civil society, youth organizations, media, and etc.

I believe in lighting candles with candle, therefore, I would conduct workshops, seminars, meetings and trainings for my afghan fellows who are desperately waiting to be given a spark and then enable them to work toward development of Afghanistan. Moreover, I believe that government and private universities and institutions are places where youth are looking to educate and decide toward their future career. Hence, I would share my experience and learning with them and transform the subject area into their curriculum which would eventually help in capacity building and development of Afghanistan.

I also see my role as a consultant with both government and private sectors who need my understanding, experience and knowledge that would help them to improve and serve better.

I am committed and passionate to gain knowledge, experience and serve my country. I would like to be given this opportunity to learn and move forward toward my future career. Hence, to execute my career plan, I need the kind of intellectual preparation offered by MSc programs I have chosen.

Home / Scholarship / UK University Selection and Post Career Plan. Chevening Scholarship Four Questions Essay