How will you use your new skills and knowledge to contribute to the development of your home country

ReginaOtu 3 / 6  
How will you use your new skills and knowledge to contribute to the development of your home country?

Farmers Aid Foundation

Upon returning to Nigeria after completing my Master's degree in food technology, I look forward to using my newly acquired skills and knowledge to build a foundation called "Farmers Aid Foundation (FAF) geared towards increasing food productivity and quality. FAF will achieve its objectives through partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development. Our core activity will be educating and organizing training platforms to rural commercial farmers on the use of modern food processing and preservation techniques and post-harvest storage systems that I hope to gain and also providing these farmers with storage infrastructures. Most farmers rely on obsolete machines, traditional processing and storage methods which is responsible for the huge food losses. Through this foundation, perishable food losses would be reduced, quality of food products will also be maintained and the prevalence of hunger will be reduced in the country.

I also have plans on applying as a part time researcher in the food processing technology department of the Nigerian Stored Products Research Institute (NSPRI). As a researcher, I will introduce the modern food processing techniques and post-harvest technologies that I hope to gain. I will also focus on the research and development of my country's local raw materials that are underutilized and transforming them into value added food products. This will increase their utilization and cultivation in the country and also confer huge financial benefits to farmers which in turn will help to curb the problem of unemployment.
mustyvocabs2020 1 / 4  
It's a great plan of given back to your country towards it's development. However I will suggest that you also emphasis on how you would help the modern food industries towards eliminating food quality related problems that caused a particular problem that you identify in the food industry.
There are several topics that your response has to address. It has to show how your skills and knowledge will assist you in participating in your country's food development program based on:

- Your improvement ideas for your personal food processing business (cashews)
- Your ability to apply what you learned once you are accepted as a part time researcher at NSPRI with a focus on your possible research topic in relation to the program

- Using the combined knowledge and skills (studies, personal application, research and networking) to create the foundation.

You have to create a comprehensive response that shows a well thought out after study plan that will also support your goals of study and future application. Right now, you have a good draft. It needs more information or a total revision to better represent your potential as a future leader in this field upon your return to Nigeria.
Uromi 4 / 10 1  
@ReginaOtu
Your essay is okay. But I will advice you look into how you will build partnership with ministry of agriculture and rural development. State in just few sentence how you will be partner with them, how do you intend going about it. First of all, do you have a strong network? The reviewer will like to know all these.

Home / Scholarship / How will you use your new skills and knowledge to contribute to the development of your home country