Watching the world through the lens of mathematics. SOP for EM Scholarship for MSc Mathematics.

Ra22aq 1 / 1 1  
Please any feedback would be much appreciated.

My past, present and future connects with the math

Throughout my life, I have viewed everything with the lens of mathematics. Equations, relationships and logics have always been the foundation and cornerstones of my perspective. Each time dealing with Theorems, Equations, Mathematical concepts, my deep understanding with their logics, made me fall in love with this field.

Mathematics has been an essential part of my Engineering and from time to time, I have encountered this subject either directly or as an associate application to my Petroleum core subjects (Drilling Engineering and Petroleum Economics) along with Physics and I have experience this thing, I don't study mathematics just for grades rather it gives me feeling, practicality and satisfaction.

Since I have found about this Program, I have made a lot research about it. During Engineering, I have already gone through the subjects like fluid Mechanics, Applied Numerical Methods and specifically three subjects on applied Mathematics, which have covered many topics like PDE's, ODE's, Laplace Transformation, Fourier series, Linear Algebra, Complex numbers, Differential and integral calculus. So, I have interest to study these subjects more in-depth and their applications in Engineering.

I have taken the courses of Petroleum Economics and Statistics during my last semester, additionally, I have made a good research about the relation between Economics and Finance, studied different books and found them just according to my interest. That's why, I plan to study Mathematical Modelling Applications to Finance during the 2nd year of Program from UNS. I have some personal experiences in financial management which have made me quite focused to choose this particular field and in future, I want to pursue my career as a good Economist in the Petroleum industry.

I am hard worker and all those efforts that I have made for learning, reflected by my good grades. I believe, if I am a part of this excellent opportunity, it will not just broader my vision but it will give me proper direction to implement my knowledge practically to my respective field with a professional guideline strategy along with a solid concept and logic.

Along with an efficient mind, a healthy body is necessary. So, apart from my studies, I always try to engage myself with sports and extra curricular activities. I always remain engaged in teaching Mathematics of O/A Levels for earning and as well and as a young passionate blood, I often try to make creative business ideas and invest in them.

Europe is considered as an epitome of success, especially because of its ground breaking achievements in engineering, which have always stood out as an example for the world and to have the opportunity, to be in the center of all that would be an unparalleled experience for me.

I can imagine that it is not easy to travel that far for learning but I have much experience of living independently and I have faced enough hardships in my life which have made me quite humble, flexible and mature. Learning with the people all around the Globe with different backgrounds will be a wonderful source of knowledge and cultural exchange for me. I want to learn different languages and make new friends. This International exposure will obviously bring a positive change in my attitude and personality.
Razzaq, the essay does not deliver a significant purpose for your desire for higher learning. If you review your essay, all of the discussions that you presented simply pertain to additional theoretical learning without any actual, practical application nor direct relationship with your current position of employment. Therefore, this cannot be considered an SOP. This is a personal statement. A properly developed Statement of Purpose signifies a desire to improve one's field of expertise through higher academic learning and training. That means, you should have a particular desire to concentrate or focus on a section of your career that seems either problematic or under developed to you.

Right now, all I get is the sense that you are obsessed with Mathematics but you do not have any actual use for it in your current field of work. The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship reviewers will see that there is actually no path towards a career for you in a higher level of employment because you are aimless in your approach to your studies. What you have to do is accurately represent the reason for your desire for higher studies. These reasons should be connected with a future idea that you have for your career or further improvements in your current position.

How will an MSc in Mathematics help to enhance your career goals? Do these goals set a 5 year career path for you? How so? Why do you believe that EM can help you achieve these goals through its scholarship? What can the scholarship expect from you after your graduation? These are some of the questions that a statement of purpose, in relation to a scholarship application, require responses to.
OP Ra22aq 1 / 1 1  
Sir, thank you for such a detailed response. All your suggestions are making so much sense. You have made things quite clear for me. Now I will think accordingly.

Home / Scholarship / Watching the world through the lens of mathematics. SOP for EM Scholarship for MSc Mathematics.