Wireless Communications Engineering - motivation letter for scholarship

azzam 1 / -  
Dear all
What do you think?
***************************************

Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme

To whom it may concern,
I am XXXX from Jordan, I would like to inform you that I have finished my Master degree in Wireless Communications Engineering from (university name)/Jordan in August, 2018.

For a long time, I have been interested in studying abroad, on one of the prestigious universities in Hungary. I have been particularly interested in studying in the "Doctoral School of Electrical Engineering" of Budapest University of Technology and Economics where the research topic "Scalable Resource Allocation Methods" is fully complies with my professional interests, dreams and ambitions. Please let me explain the background of my interest in a few words.

My M.Sc. thesis title was "An efficient broadcasting protocol for multi-hop multi-channel cognitive radio ad hoc networks". In this research, the challenges of cognitive radio Ad Hoc networks have been addressed while developing a broadcasting protocol. The proposed algorithm reduced network traffic due to broadcasting and made efficient use of cognitive nodes power and spectral resources. In addition, message redundancy is also reduced in terms of hops reduction and as well as exclusion of some network nodes from the broadcasting process.

Actually, my interest in scalable resource allocation methods stems from my research and educational background of wireless communications engineering. the rapid growing desired of flexible and efficient use of the scarce spectral resources and the neediness of increasing the overall system throughput and network performance are considered main objectives while developing promising and inspirationally wireless applications.

In fact, I am interested to continue my graduate study and it will be my pleasure if I will have a PhD scholarship at your respectful institution granted by "Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme". This scholarship represents a rare possibility and an honor not only for me personally, but also for my country. To be worthy of this honor I expect to dedicate my time to be strong ambition and hard work. I stay with the hope that you will give me this live opportunity to study the wireless communication engineering at "Budapest University of Technology and Economics" by recommending me to the program.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards
(Name)
Naub123 1 / 2  
Hello, I am myself applying for a masters program within the Stipendium Hungaricum program and as I seached for what made a motivation letter special I found that it needs to have your personal touch. I have uploaded mine in a new trend, feel free to check it out.

I think that your letter makes it look like that you took a model from the internet and personalized it, write more about yourself and about how you are a good fit for the program. Make sure to state how this program will help you achieve your goals.

Apart from this, you have done a good job, good luck.
Azzam, this motivational letter contains pertinent information that can help you explain your motivation to apply for the scholarship. However, I feel that you are only presenting the most obvious information in your presentation. You are presenting information directly in relation to your studies, but you are not giving the reviewer a real sense of the motivating factor for your studies. Will this have any real world application? Will it improve an existing system? Why do you believe that this is a subject that requires advanced studies? What motivates you to seek more academic learning in this field? Your presentation is perfunctory and lacks substance. You need to make the reviewer care about your motivation and develop an interest in your academic advancement. Right now, the essay is just a glorified resume that will not help your application. Try to increase your explanations in the letter. Show a true interest in your part that highlights your expectations regarding your course completion as part of the motivating factor.

Home / Scholarship / Wireless Communications Engineering - motivation letter for scholarship