Women in science/ BlackBerry mobile Computing Scholarship

kamii0 1 / -  
Essay Guidelines:
Why should you be a recipient of a BlackBerry Mobile Computing Scholarship?
What effect on your education would this scholarship have to your ambitions?
What does the future world built on mobile computing mean to you?
What would it mean to you to be supported by a female mentor from BlackBerry?
From your experiences, what are your educational and career goals?
What will completing your degree, through a scholarship, mean to your career and future?
How have you demonstrated leadership skills in your life, through extracurricular activities, part time work or school?
Does any attribute, quality or skill distinguish you from everyone else? How did you develop this attribute?
Describe an experience from your own life where someone has inspired and influenced you.

Essay:
I believe, as a women, being a recipient of BlackBerry Mobile Computing Scholarship will increase my knowledge in the field I plan to major in which is Computer Science for Gaming, and it will guarantee a better understanding in Mathematics and Science. Participating in Blackberry Mobile Computing is a great opportunity for me to get hands on knowledge for what it required for women to be in this field of study. I feel as a beginner, that I can represent the women who came before in my steps, who have participated in Blackberry Mobile Computing Program, that which in return will greater my chances in becoming a "women in science".

In addition, participating will reinforce the way I think, and better yet expand my current knowledge of technology. Even though I know it is a difficult field to pursue, my determination helps me to accomplish my goals, for not only me, but for many women out there. Just imagining a world built on mobile computing is astonishingly amazing; because it shows how advanced technology has progressed since the late 80's, however it is devastating to see despite all this progress women only make up twenty-five percent of people in the field in technology itself .This is shocking since women are higher in population than men and are usually the decision makers in homes, supporting more women in technology will lead to a more level playing field in the new age.

Also gaining support, from a female peer would mean the world to me, especially from a prestige company like Blackberry, because that will mean I get to hear and experience the knowledge the mentor, who has engaging in Computing years before me.

From my experience alone, I have taken five computer classes in order for me to get the basics down, and in high school I also participated in FIRST Robotics for 2 years, where I learned amazing things about different technology fields, which gave me a greater opportunity for my goal to become a Game Designer and a Game Artist. Another thing is just completing my degree is a struggle because I am financially in need and I am struggling to pay for school and getting a scholarship like this will help me out a lot.

A thing you could say can distinguish me from everybody else is because I am not only talented in Science, I am Talented in Art, Music, and Cooking; having many talents I believe is a key to success because then it show that you are an all around person and that you are able to learn many thing which I believe is how I distinguish myself from others, and by being multi-talented I want to be able to show Blackberry that I am someone they need for this Blackberry Program.
Bubba - / 13  
First of all, I thought that was very well written. I am interested the same field as you, but I am a guy so it is interesting reading a piece from a girl when they only make up such a small portion of the field. What I would change though would probably be the way you present yourself. For example, you take a sympathetic approach to the scholarship stating that you are in financial need. As true as that could be, I am sure everyone applying for it is in the same place as you so maybe you could state that while all other applicants would like the scholarship, you feel that you really deserve it because it would fuel your passion even further to get into the computer science as a female. In my program, there are literally a handful of girls so you can use that as an advantage when you write.

Other than that, maybe throw in some personal examples of personal hobbies. You cook and like music but what is an important example of you appreciating your hobby and could you, perhaps, make it connect to your interest in computer science?

Overall, it was a great read and good luck!

I'm here to help,
Bubba
I believe, as a women, being a recipient of BlackBerry Mobile Computing Scholarship will increase my knowledge in the field I plan to major in which is Computer Science for Gaming

...you need to express why it is specially important for a woman.

I feel as a beginner, that I can represent the women who came before in my steps, who have participated in Blackberry Mobile Computing Program, that which in return will greater my chances in becoming a "women in science".

I like if you have a few shorter sentences insteadcof a very long one. Then you ideas would flow better.

Other than that, maybe throw in some personal examples of personal hobbies.

.... a good suggestion !

Home / Scholarship / Women in science/ BlackBerry mobile Computing Scholarship