Work experience as an assistant laboratory technologist has helped in grounding my leadership skills

AMOZ 2 / 5 1  

Leadership and Influence question

My two years of work experience as an assistant laboratory technologist has helped in grounding my leadership skills. I joined XXX as an intern laboratory technician in the year 2016.upon joining the institution, two of my seniors transferred to different institution. I was left alone to manage the busiest laboratory in the institution. The laboratory serves the entire undergraduate and postgraduate science students and hence required a lot of organization. The challenge gave me an opportunity to plan in terms of allocating different practical sessions to different group, buying reagents for different sessions and coordinating the activities of the entire laboratory. I had to ensure that all the groups were gathered for and all the practical were done as per the outline. Through precise organization, I was able to effectively and successfully run the lab a lone for a duration of 6 months before being joined by a colleague whom I was tasked to train. My colleague and I have ensured that all the objectives of practical are met and the result has been an overall improvement on student grade. Moreover, having successfully demonstrated leadership and management skills in running of the laboratory, I was promoted as an assistant laboratory technologist, a position I hold to date.I strongly believe that Chevening scholarship will help in furthering my leadership skills and granting me the scholarship will make all this a reality.
Amos, you have glossed over too much information in reference to your leadership and influencing skills to the point where the reviewer will not believe a single word you have written in this essay. While you did enumerate your duties and responsibilities, these do not translate into a leadership nor influencing skill. There was no incident in this essay that truly defines your leadership and influencing style. That is because you only make references to your job tasks rather than leadership and influencing skills.

Try to write at least a 250 word essay that somehow embodies an example of your leadership and influencing ability in action. Perhaps discuss how you had to train your co-worker? As a person with more experience on the job, you would have had an automatic leadership role during his training and your influencing style would have become evident as you taught him the ins and outs of the job. That is what this essay lacks so you will need to create that presentation. You should not use this essay at all. Not a single part will work for a Chevening leadership and influencing essay. This essay version will not work. You have to create a more appropriate essay that best exemplifies your leadership and influencing skills.
OP AMOZ 2 / 5 1  
Thank you so much.I will create a new essay based on your recommendation.

Home / Scholarship / Work experience as an assistant laboratory technologist has helped in grounding my leadership skills