Workshop about creating lesson material through e-module application - solving a challenge essay

avatar22 1 / -  

Supporting Statement AAS 2018

Dear Everyone, I do need your critique and suggestion of this essay. Thank you

Question: How have you contributed to solving a challenge and to implementing change or reform? (Be specific and include: what aspect/s of your leadership knowledge, skills and practice you consider to be well established and effective; which people or organizations you worked with to solve the problem; and what creative methods were used.)*:

In 2017, I and my former lecturer was asked by the Department of Education over schools organizations to give a workshop about creating lesson material through e-module application. The workshop' participant were old teachers, prospective teachers, and school administrators. I was appointed to deal with different ages and its challenges. The school has an adequately PC lab and it makes the school as the center of the referral school in Gorontalo. Such frequently technology revolution had increased the demand of digital native students teaching method significantly. Yet, the teachers were lack in teaching using technology skill. To worsen, most of them can barely use technology at all. The condition challenged us to resolve the insufficiencies of using technology integration into teaching digital native students in school.

As a part of my work, I carried out an internet research on articles and journals other areas facing similar issues. By that, we conveyed some resolves in solving the lack of teaching using technology skills in schools. Our first solution is to create a workshop regarding integrating technology in teaching consisted of using Microsoft application to teach learners and using flipbook application to create an e-book of various subjects. In the workshop, we shared and trained the member of school organization basic technology skills. We gave diverse basic training, mainly of Microsoft office, adobe reader, and e-module application, e.g., creating a paperless teaching method through MS. Word, introducing flipbook app to teachers, and web-source of material. At the end, we conducted a 3 year research of integrate mobile technology in EFL instructions as a way of promoting students' learning autonomy and presented it to the teachers, school principal, education policy makers among schools in Gorontalo.

Through this project, I grasp that team work, critical thinking, and communication as well as the planned approach to the problem were vital features to carry this project to succeed. By establishing these, we were able to make a lot of progress in a short space of time. The trainees were required to apply the gained knowledge and skill in the classroom. Their willingness and respond to technology integration were kept as references for our next project development about technology integration in teaching digital native students. The experience had given me a readiness to do more in-depth inventions to solve education challenges in Gorontalo.
kikiyiu 5 / 12 2  
1. My former lecturer and I were......
Always put "I" after other names in english.

2. About creating lesson materials

3. The participants of the workshop were old teachers.......

Mind the plural nouns and you can proofread your article before you upload it:)
Rini, there should not be any reference to "we" in this essay because the focal point of the discussion is "I". The reviewer is not interested in how the group accomplished the task on hand in order to overcome an obstacle. He is only interest in your participation in the problem solving chain. So focus on your participation and how your participation helped the group to overcome the obstacle. If possible, point to an obstacle that existed in your assigned task and then discuss how you overcame that problem. The problem solving skill in this instance is a personal, instead of a group approach. Therefore, you need to revise the whole essay to create a more properly targeted discussion. One that focuses on the effectiveness of your problem solving skills. At this point, there is too much reference to "we" in the essay, which doesn't really highlight the "I" in the story.

Home / Scholarship / Workshop about creating lesson material through e-module application - solving a challenge essay