Which of the world's great fights will you fight-and why? UT Austin Freshman Honors Application

Samm22 3 / 3 1  
We want every Liberal Arts Honors student to aspire to be a Rhodes Scholar, excelling in and out of the classroom with the goal of serving one's family, community, and country. In creating the scholarship, Cecil Rhodes sought young people who have the "moral voice of character and instinct to lead," young people who would "fight one of the world's great fights."

Which of the world's great fights will you fight-and why? (No more than 200 words)

" Water, one of our most powerful natural resources on earth, is now at its lowest point of drinkability for humans. Less than one percent of freshwater is now available to the world, this affecting our usage to function in our daily lives as humans in categories such as: using water for personal hygiene, hydrating, and even growing crops. A plethora of people all over the world do nothing to preserve this small amount of freshwater we have left. Sociologist have come to a conclusion that the severe lack of water preservation throughout the world will lead to a World War 3 if it is not aided. I believe water preservation should be exercised by everyone worldwide in order to continue our life on earth and serve for future generations. We, the human population, consume most of this percentage of water and should be the ones to stand up and save this great problem. I will fight for the silent scream in humanity for water preservation. I will fight for the greater good."

Please write five sentences describing yourself, your life, and your experiences that form an accurate portrayal of who you are. Do not list information provided in your résumé or on the ApplyTexas application. Be creative!

Please number the sentences 1 through 5.

1. I am a strong believer of everything happening for a reason.
2. I have always loved volunteering, especially helping the elderly!
3. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies along with musics, crafts, and art.
4. Due to my parents being minorities and going through major hardships, I have became strong minded in order to achieve my goals.
5. When I set my mind to do something I do not stop until I accomplish it; I am very hardworking and have yet to fail any goals I set out for myself.
Well, you certainly came up with a very unique and interesting fight to undertake. Very few people have awakened to the fact that water, as a resource is dwindling and could very well be the catalyst for another world wide disagreement leading to war. Your explanation of why this battle is a great one carries convincing elements and facts. I can sense your true desire to undertake this particular cause and that you may, as a college student, actually follow through on your plans. Just one point of correction though, you should not be presenting your response in quotation marks since this is supposed to be presented from your point of view and personal conviction. So just remove the quotation marks and your response to the first prompt in the list will be all set to use.

There are some slight grammatical corrections that you should address in the second prompt. Here are my suggestions regarding how to improve those problem areas:

3. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies along with musics , crafts, and art.
4. Due to my parents being minorities A PART OF THE MINORITY and going through major hardships, I have became strong minded in AND DETERMINED TO order to achieve my goals.

5. When I set my mind to do something I do not stop until I accomplish it; I am very hardworking and have yet to fail AT any goals I set out for myself.

Good luck with your application. The personal insight, reflection, and analysis that you put into developing your responses are quite evident and have helped to create excellent responses to the prompts. I am sure these will be well received by the reviewer.
Hi Sam, I'd like to share some insights on your essay.

- " Water, one of our most powerful natural resources on earth,
- this event is affecting our usage to function in our daily lives as humans in categories such as:
- to stand up and save this great problemresolve this massive issue .
- I will fight for thein silent scream inof humanity for water preservation.

1. I am a strong believer ofthat everything happenings for a reason.
4. Due toM y parents being minorities and going through major hardships , I have became strong minded in orderand eager to achieve my goals.

Wow, you have quiet a will to conquer there Sam, but this is good, I hope you keep being optimistic, aim higher and never get tired of acquiring knowledge and wisdom.

I hope my remarks helped!

Home / Scholarship / Which of the world's great fights will you fight-and why? UT Austin Freshman Honors Application