How to write Internship application essay- on Human rights

aneta_gab 3 / 5  
Hello;
I'm a new one at this forum and I 'm happy to join your network;
I need your advice and suggestions; I apply for the 3 month Internship and they asked me to present a t writing sample of no more than two thousand words.

there are the duties:
* Legal research on international and comparative human rights law and practice to support the preparation of briefs before domestic courts and the European Court of Human Rights;

* Preparation of materials for the training workshops on the European Convention on Human Rights;
*attendance at meetings with human rights practitioners, , or visits to other international / national human rights organizations;

and the requirements are:
have worked and have interest of working on the rights of disadvantaged groups, such as persons with disabilities, LGBT people, ethnic minorities, people suffering from HIV/AIDS.

* be familiar with regional and international human rights instruments and mechanisms;
* demonstrate strong research, analytical and writing skills; and

My degree is a journalism and I have experience of working in NGO-; I worked some years for Public defender's office,have experience of working with International organizations like UNDP and UNHCR..

I'm connected with civil society in region..

But I don't understand very well- what exactly they want at this essay?
in which aspects should I focus?
Do I need to take some case and talk about it?

I'm waiting for your answers;
thanks in advance
mea505 - / 265  
Hi.

It would appear to me that you ought to write about one of the following:

Mark
Hi Ana,

I think Mark is correct to suppose that you should write something that will make them confident in your ability to fulfill those job requirements.

But I wonder: Did they give you any more instructions?

If you have no more instructions to follow, I think you should use this opportunity to write a report about your specific interests, strengths, and experiences, but make it so that the purpose of the essay is to show them why this internship is especially beneficial for you and why you are able to be especially beneficial to the organization.

The most important task is to make them share some of your enthusiasm.

Also, show that you know the organization very well... that you have researched it.

2000 words = almost 7 pages, so you have a lot of opportunity to impress them. Write some paragraphs about your experiences, some about your current interests, some about why this internship is particularly suitable for you, and some about the goals of this organization and why you want to contribute to them.

When you have a large collection of paragraphs, go back and write an intro paragraph that really expresses your unique insight and intention.

I'm glad you are participating. Please let me know: do they provide any further instructions about how to write the essay?
OP aneta_gab 3 / 5  
Hi, Thanks for your advice; it's really helpful;
about instructions- No, they didn't give me any other instructions about the topic of the essay, structure or some question;
it's free but U and Mark are right- I have to write about the experience at this field and interest..

Today I prepare a draft and of course I'll let you know

Anna

Home / Scholarship / How to write Internship application essay- on Human rights