To write about my networking skills and explain with examples to meet Chevening requirement

sonavakimyan 1 / -  

If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together

There is a common expression that says: "If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together." I do believe that potent networking can help to excel in career and life pursues generally.

Currently I work at World Vision Armenia, which is an international Christian organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Approximately 120 devoted and committed members of World Vision Armenia staff once a year gather together to pray to God for children's health and ask him to bestow us with resilience and kindness to be able to bring lasting changes into children's and their families' lives. This huge ceremony creates an opportunity for our whole staff to get together around one purpose. Moreover, other professional trainings and meetings that are integral part of our work, aim to increase the staff's efficiency and promote the integrity. I can surely prove that my organization provides me potent networking, including not only the staff, but also our partner NGOs and organizations, local authorities, providers, etc.

In my last year at Armenian State University of Economics, I was an intern in ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank. After graduation of the university, I attended accounting courses. I built effective relationship not only with students, but also with my professors and internship supervisor. As a result, my professor, internship supervisor and accounting trainer were the referees when I was chosen to work in World Vision Armenia.

To improve my English language skills recently I was registered in My Ani program and could find a coach from the USA who encouraged and helped me to keep practicing to be able to reach my goals.

Additionally I attend English conversation club conducted by Peace Corp volunteer from The USA, where all the members inspire each other to learn English profoundly and improve their English skills through interesting discussions.

When I made up my mind to apply for Chevening Scholarship, I looked for people in my country, who were Chevening students, to get valuable information and advice from their personal experience. Eventually I could contact Vardan Haroyan, who now studies at the University of Nottingham in frames of Chevening Scholarship program. He gave me very pragmatic advice and encouraged to unequivocally pursue my dreams and not give up.

Chevening community provides a huge opportunity to meet people with unique ideas and various backgrounds who are of diverse cultures, religions and believes. Communication with these people, exchange of our thoughts about various issues and discussions will generate many new ideas, which will make positive changes not only in our countries but also in the whole world. Influential and promising networking of Chevening award is one of the top highlights that can significantly contribute to my career goals and plans.
asmaasalem 3 / 13 4  
Hi Dear, very good content, but there are simple notices.
excel in career and life pursues generally. you should write purposes If that what you mean. or career and life pursuits.

Approximately 120 devoted.......once a year. it should be " Once a year, approximately 120....... "

I was an intern in ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank. at
Sona, of all the information that you have presented in this essay, there are only 2 points of value that you should focus on in order to present a strong and influential networking essay. Please take note of the changes, focus on developing those areas, and make sure that you explain your networking skills fully in those areas so that you can have the strongest possible networking essay.

Discuss how you create a usable network for World Vision Armenia. In order to make the network more general but still important in concept, remove the reference to prayer in the paragraph. Instead, offer an insight into your current position at the organization. Explain what sort of network you have to provide in line with your tasks. Discuss the current network that you have and then, explain how you continue to cultivate and grow that network.

Having completed that, you must jump to the discussion as to how you created and used a network that led you to connect with Vardan Haroyan. Now, make sure that Vardan will be available to be interviewed by the scholarship regarding his relationship with you because he will be essential to the highlighting of your application. He is the basis for your future Chevening network and will be one of the reasons as to why you can become an effective mentor to the future graduates.

You are too focused on the religious aspect of society. Since Chevening is not a religious organization and the scholarship does not prioritize religious applicants over the others, avoid any mention or reference to religion. That is something that could work against your application if it comes across someone who does not appreciate religious references. Instead, discuss how your meeting with Vardan and your existing network of professional contacts will be able to help you promote Chevening and its interests, along with the needs of its future scholars once you are finally a member of the Chevening sponsored graduate roster.

Home / Scholarship / To write about my networking skills and explain with examples to meet Chevening requirement