Write a letter to the number five explaining why five is important

awsde 1 / -  
Dear number five, you are an incredibly important part of my life, I have five fingers, five limbs, five senses, and five people in my wonderful family. We have five fingers on each hand, and without my fingers, I could certainly not write a scholarship essay, or even write anything at all. And my five limbs! I without my arms, legs, and head, I'd be nothing, I would just be a little stump and that would be terrible, so I'm very thankful for you. And I could never do without my senses, no more juicy burgers, I couldn't stop and smell the roses anymore, I couldn't feel the sand in my toes, or hear my sister say she loves me every night before bed, but then again I wouldn't smell anymore poopy diapers. And most importantly, my family are the five important people in my life, is my family me my two baby sisters and my family, the mean the world to me, the five of us make our family just right. Lastly five o'clock is when my dad comes home from work and we all sit down at our table with five chairs and eat dinner together. So thank you number five, for being the best number in my life.
TJLuschen - / 241 203  
Wow, I really enjoyed reading this - you are quite a talented writer. Here are my suggestions:

I have five fingers, five limbs, {your head is never really considered as a limb} five senses, and five people in my wonderful family.
I without my arms, legs, and head, I'd be nothing, {I would leave out the opening "I" here}
I would just be a little stump and that would be terrible, so I'm very thankful for you. {ok, but what about "I would just be a useless torso"}

I couldn't feel the sand [between] my toes,

but then again I wouldn't smell [any more] poopy diapers.

my family are the five [most] important people in my life[. My] family [consists of] me[,] my two baby sisters and my [mother and father], the[y] mean the world to me, {maybe instead of "And most importantly", say "and above all" to avoid repetition} the five of us make our family just right.

Home / Scholarship / Write a letter to the number five explaining why five is important