How can I write UCW personal statement prompt considering its missions and values

FreDrick Mwepu 1 / -  
Please provide a statement explaining why you are interested in attending a UWC school/college and reflecting on UWC's mission and values, what you might contribute to the school/college and what you would hope to gain from the experience.

In this question we want to understand what you would to learn about and understand better.

For this question you can use up to 300 words.

My aspirations of attend the UWC have been born mainly because of its challenging IB curriculum, the culturally diverse environment and its core values that happen to fall under mine.

Learning at a public school with pupils from various backgrounds gave me an immense opportunity to comprehend how education unites people of different origins. I gained a true appreciation of cultural diversity when I was engaged in working, relating and interacting with different students socially. This taught me a lot more on respecting others regardless of their culture, gender, socioeconomics, ethnicity or religious backgrounds and the UWC environment may be an extension of that experience.

I have always been eager to study abroad and I strongly believe the UWC can provide me the opportunities I am looking for. The UWC asks much more than academic qualities and that is why I take part in a wide range of extracurricular activities with passion rather than only focusing on achieving good grades.

If accorded this chance, I intend to make the best use of the UWC's opportunities and resources, henceforth; I plan to embark on a journey of self discovery, adventures and learning a lot about the different cultures as well as letting others know about mine. Furthermore, I have been a tech enthusiast for quite a while now, I wish to participate in any of UWC's tech events which I think will help broaden the skills and knowledge I possess about science and technology. Lastly, I will be more than glad to get involved in various social services and community projects.

From the two year UWC experience, I hope to attain a deeper level of international and intercultural understanding so I may become an engaged Global citizen, gaining meaningful social relationships across culturally diverse groups.

I would love to have my personal statement reviewed
My aspirations

It is important that you do not waste word count on useless opening sentences that merely repeat the prompt provided. The reviewer will see this as a student desperately trying to respond to the question, when he has not done his research into the university mission and values. Open instead with a direct response to the question. That shall be more appreciated as an informative answer and also, allow you to showcase the succeeding discussion paragraphs.

UWC environment may be an extension of that experience.

How? May be? Why aren't you sure? Again, you have not familiarized yourself with UWC and as such, will probably lose the interest of the reviewer at this point, leading to a rejection of your application. Are you certain you wish to attend UWC? Why are you showing signs of not even having familiarized yourself with the foundation of the university?

I have always been eager to study abroad

You and half the young adults on the planet hope for this chance. You have totally misunderstood the reasoning behind the existence of UWC. Read deeper into the university background. You are not making a good case for your admission at all.

Home / Scholarship / How can I write UCW personal statement prompt considering its missions and values