Writing "Field of specialization studied in the past" for MEXT scholarship

nesca87 1 / -  
Dear EF moderators and members. I would like to apply MEXT scholarship which provide Field of specialization studied in the past writing. Here it is my essay below, and I'll be so glad for your comments. Thank you.

I was an aeronautics and astronautics student in ITB. Started from first year in 2005, I studied about basic of science and engineering course like calculus, physics and chemistry, and also the basic of aerospace engineering. In the second and third year, I studied deeper about aerospace engineering, in this year I learned about theory of fluid mechanics, aerodynamics, lightweight structure, flight mechanic, and also airworthiness and transport system. Beside theories, I also did the laboratory activity based on curriculums such as aeronautics' software introduction, programming, mechanical drawing, subsonic wind tunnel experiments, etc. In the last year of my undergraduate degree, I studied about aircraft design that integrated all subjects that have been studied before. Then, for my final year project, I chose aerodynamics as my major field of my final year project (bachelor degree's thesis).

My thesis was about developing a PC based pressure indicator system. PC here means personal computer. In other way, my thesis was about developing a pressure indicator system that can be controlled from computer. In this thesis, my main frame was how to measure the characteristic of pressurization in subsonic wind tunnel that can be controlled from PC. To obtain that requirement, I analyzed and chose characteristic of pressure sensor that would be used, developed electronics' circuit of the system, and programmed microcontroller, data processing, and the user interface. The last, did an experiment to proof that system was working appropriately.

While doing my thesis, besides improving my aerodynamics measurements' ability, I was also learning about MATLAB and C++ programming, statistics and data processing, and how to make a user friendly interface of the pressure indicator system.
As an aeronautics and astronautics student in ITB, I learned that _________________(Say something interesting to get the reader's attention).

Starting in my first year in 2005, I studied about basic science and engineering courses, like calculus, physics and chemistry, and also the basics of aerospace engineering.

Then, I conducted an experiment to prove that the system was working appropriately.

Impressive accomplishments! But now you need to give the essay a theme. What is one word or phrase that expresses what your plan is. For example, what if I said this:

Tell me the reason you chose aeronautics and astronautics instead of any other field of science. Tell me the reason in only one word.

What is the word that expresses your reason for choosing this field? Give a little intro paragraph at the beginning of this essay, and let it explain why this word is the best word to express why you choose this field.

:-)

Home / Scholarship / Writing "Field of specialization studied in the past" for MEXT scholarship