I'm a 4th year student in Microbiology; Motivational letter for phd scholarship

popydevnath 2 / 4  
plz anyone help me with my motivation letter.My english is not so good. so please help

Dear sir
The purpose of my letter to you is for obtaining phD position in yourresearch group.I am currently studying at 4th year in Microbiology at (university). My total cGPA of 3 year is 3.90.

During my 4 year course I was able to learn about many biological subjects, such as (a. b. c. d) and I am happy to inform you that got A+ in all those subjects.

I will be very blessed if I get the oppurtunity to work under you. From your university website I learnt about your research topics and your work on ( eeeee) seems very interesting to me, if you do not have any problem will you please send me some of your research paper on this topics( eeeee)?

Recently I am doing a project under my professor on (eeeee), I think I will be a good choice for your research group.

I enclose my Cv with this letter for further information. Thank you for your cosideration. I will be waiting eor your hearing.

with rspect

Xxxxx
tiffanyhng - / 4 3  
Your motivational letter definitely shows your strong desire for the phd scholarship. If possible, I would avoid using abbreviations as it makes your letter seem unprofessional. For example, using cGPA is fine, but I have no idea what Cv is. Anyways, here are the corrections needed to be made for your letter:

Dear sirTo whom this may concern:

The purpose of my letter to you is for obtaining a phD position in yourresearchyour research group. I am currently studying atin my 4th year in studying Microbiology at (university). My total current cGPA of my 3 years at (university) is 3.90.

During my 4 year course, I was able to learn about many biological subjects, such as (a. b. c. d), and I am happy to inform you that got A+ in all those subjects. (Specify any projects/research papers you did that would be appealing to the research group you work for. Also, add in certain qualities that stand out. For example, talk about how you work well in groups and any leadership qualities you have. Having good grades isn't enough. You need to have the qualities necessary to appeal to the group.)

I will be very blessed if I get the oppurtunitythis opportunity to work under you. From your university website, I learntlearned about your research topics and your work on ( eeeee) seems very interesting to me. If you do not have any problemmind,willwould you please send me some of your research papers on thisthese topics( eeeee)?

Recently, I am doing a project under my professor on (eeeee) so I thinkbelieve I willwould be a good choice for your research group. (Explain why doing the project will make you a good candidate. For example, the skills you develop such as so and so and the knowledge on so and so would make you a good contribution to the research team.)

I enclose my Cv with this letter for further information. Thank you for your cosiderationtime and consideration . I will be waiting eor your hearingwill call you in one week to hear your reply .

with rspectSincerely,

Xxxxx

I changed the last paragraph a bit because it is your responsibility to follow up unless the internship/job description specifically states no phone calls or email follow up. If emailing your documents, follow-up is usually 24 - 48 hours; if sending documents by mail, follow up is usually in one week. Good luck getting into that research group!
OP popydevnath 2 / 4  
thank you,,,,,, I will follow your instructions

Home / Scholarship / I'm a 4th year student in Microbiology; Motivational letter for phd scholarship