Home / Speeches   % width Posts: 3

''How would you face the next century, with 'Hope' or 'Pessimism'?'' Points on Hope.

jamalnasir 1 / -  
Its basically a speech and i need some good points on hope. Some good idioms to use. And some tips on how to write on such topics.
coeurreign 2 / 45  
Well, I guess hope is sometimes the only thing that keeps someone going. In a world where pessimism rules, someone with hope is always a breath of fresh air. Hope is what made our society what it is. If people didn't have hope for a better world, maybe we wouldn't have human rights or maybe we would still have racism. I mean we still do, but you know what I mean.

People live and thrive on hope. Pessimism just flounders and dies. Depression takes a lot of lives(you should probably check some stats for this) each year. You can also go on LGMH of GMH or anything website like that. There are many heart warming stories on there. Good luck!
You need some good SOURCES. That is the trick. A lot has been written about hope. If you collect 5 or 10 journal articles, books, etc., it is easy to give a paragraph about the main idea expressed by each person. After you have done that, go back to the beginning and write an intro that ends with a thesis statement -- a sentence that expresses the main conclusion or theme you found in those sources.

So... it is like an exploration and search, and with the Internet it should be easy.

When I think of hope, I think of Barack Obama's campaign, Victor Frankl's book Man's Search for Meaning, and also a quote by Nietzsche: Hope is the greatest of all evils, because it prolongs our suffering!!! :-)

But in the field of nursing, hope is seen as a resource useful for healing and boosting the immune system.

Home / Speeches / ''How would you face the next century, with 'Hope' or 'Pessimism'?'' Points on Hope.