Home / Speeches   % width Posts: 2

The Speech for first presentation in Public Speaking Course

Tobi 6 / 10 1  
Need comments and explanations of my mistakes. Thanks beforehand.

What one understands when hears a phrase disabled person? A man, a woman or a child who possess inherent or obtained drawback, who has no ability that normal person owns. We imagine, some Tom or Larry who cannot speak or hear, express or understand, habitually behave or cooperate. And a lot of people are assured that a disability is the end of a normal life. Unfortunately, often it is this way, ordinary life will discontinue and the prominent one will commence. However, it does not mean that the presently gained pace will be unsuccessful. There are several apparent examples proving the converse:

1) Ludwig van Beethoven lost his hearing , but did not lose his talent
2) Sir Isaac Newton suffering from epilepsy made fantastic investigations in his sphere
3) Albert Einstein being dyslexic proceeded in his life
4) John Kennedy having asthma reached the rank of the president.
5) The famous football player - David Beckham - suffered from obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
6) John Nash - a successful American mathematician - suffered from Schizophrenia
This list can be prolonged and completed with a great deal of names of successful people, people who made a great effect and tremendous change. But none of them did declare that they cannot do something, that their lives came to the end, or that they will never be happy. They all faced disabilities, but simultaneously they attempted to see possibilities and some positive motives in them.

But, at the moment, people who have all the opportunities and abilities do not strive to move forward, to achieve something. And let those disabled, but successful men be an example for them. Because they believed that the disability was not the end of their life, but the beginning only.
chalumeau /  
Many assume that a disability is the end of a normal life. Unfortunately, sometimes it is this way, ordinary life will discontinue. A slower pace is not always the end of talent.

Some examples:
1) Ludwig van Beethoven lost his hearing but did not lose his talent. ** yes I've always been amazed at his talent. But he did not lose his hearing until he was older.

2) Sir Isaac Newton suffering from epilepsy made fantastic investigations in his sphere. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_with_epilepsy
dyslexia.learninginfo.org/einstein.htm
4) John Kennedy having asthma reached the rank of the president. He had addison's disease, which is a serious condition without treatment.
5) The famous football player - David Beckham - suffered from obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) That's fascinating.

Persons who suffer from a terrible breakdown usually do their best work at an early age. They don't usually recover their genius or greatness. Maybe some people have been successfully treated but the majority have not.

The list is longer than I suggest with the names of hundreds of persons who overcame obstacles. The common thread is that they did not place limitations on themselves and neither did society. (Beethoven once conducted after an orchestra stopped playing, but the audience did not laugh or throw him to the street.) They did not believe that their lives came to an end or that they would never be happy. (Beethoven was not a happy guy.) They believed that their disabilities were not the end of their lives, but the beginning of a new chapter.

Are there any examples of persons who were terribly bullied, publicly humiliated, slandered, and falsely accused? Rejected by their family? Rejected by 4 churches?

Home / Speeches / The Speech for first presentation in Public Speaking Course