Home / Speeches   % width Posts: 5

Heavy dependence on the Internet

PhatSonic 1 / -  
Most people heavily rely on the internet for most of their daily life; some can't even function if the internet goes down for more than five minutes. With all the social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, the internet has become a huge part of everyone's social life, But what if the internet suddenly shut down one day, with no reason as why this happened. What would you do? How would you react to this? No instant access to any knowledge you need, everything gone in a blink of an eye. Most people would freak out, and not know what to do, because it has become such a big factor in everyone's lives.

The internet has not only become a big part of our personal lives, but is also used by many for work related reasons. Some use it so much for work that their entire work schedule could be screwed up by not being able to access anything. Google is a good example of this, a company completely reliant on the internet, without it they would not be as big as they are today. So many companies that rely on the internet would go out of business, and this would be a strong set back to a large population of the world, this would affect almost everyone.

Never the less this won't end, but who cares right? It brings enjoyment for everyone, young or old. In the end, everyone depends on the internet for different reasons. If the internet does one day stop working, who knows what everyone will do, some might be better off than others, while some might be lost without it.
mruiz7 1 / 1  
Hi! This is a great topic. My only suggestion is that you tend to repeat yourself in "many people rely on the internet" "it has become a big factor in everyone's lives" and so on. So I suggest you pick three topics or 3 different types of people the internet affects and how it could specifically affect them, for example: the student in college, the small business owner, or the large hotel chain, maybe even the internet gamer? That could be a unique topic. Good luck!
Most people heavily rely on theinternetInternet for most of their daily lif

...capitalize Internet :)

some can't even function if the internet goes down for more than five minutes.

some people cannot tolerate even five minutes without having the Internet access

But what if the internet suddenly shuts down one day, with no reason as why this happened.

However, imagine a situation that internet suddenly shuts down for one day without any prior warning or even having no particular reason for such shut down.
No instant access to any knowledge you need, everything gone in a blink of an eye

How about not having any such quick access to any knowledge you need to gain? What if that everything's gone in just a blink of an eye?

Google is a good example offor this
Never the less this won't end, but who cares right ?
13williamsm 4 / 8  
Great topic! And intro I was hooked. Maybe try to circle effect especially for something like this

Home / Speeches / Heavy dependence on the Internet